Documents
Documents
Wiki
Wiki
Discussion Forums
Discussions
Project Information
Project Info
Forum Topic - How to generate a .ELF file.: (4 Items)

How to generate a .ELF file.  
I have an application that I can build and deploy under the Momentics debugger,  the apps name is Feeder with no 
extension. This works fine, I can run the debugger and do what I need to.

Now, I want to debug the same app only on the Lauterbach jtag debugger.  According to there documention I need a debug 
file in the .elf format. I would assume that all I should have to do is set a linker switch and that should be that.

According to the QNX documention It sounds like I need to rebuild the IPL and BSP in this format as well.  My questions 
are.

Can I just build my app in the .elf format or do I have to rebuild everything in that format?

What magic incantations are required to generate the .elf and were are the settings made in the IDE.
Re: How to generate a .ELF file.  
Your binary is already in elf format.

---
Aleksandar

On 12-12-17 01:35 PM, Mark Bangert wrote:
> I have an application that I can build and deploy under the Momentics debugger,  the apps name is Feeder with no 
extension. This works fine, I can run the debugger and do what I need to.
>
> Now, I want to debug the same app only on the Lauterbach jtag debugger.  According to there documention I need a debug
 file in the .elf format. I would assume that all I should have to do is set a linker switch and that should be that.
>
> According to the QNX documention It sounds like I need to rebuild the IPL and BSP in this format as well.  My 
questions are.
>
> Can I just build my app in the .elf format or do I have to rebuild everything in that format?
>
> What magic incantations are required to generate the .elf and were are the settings made in the IDE.
>
>
>
> _______________________________________________
>
> General
> http://community.qnx.com/sf/go/post98172
> To cancel your subscription to this discussion, please e-mail general-toolchain-unsubscribe@community.qnx.com
>

So the Momentic debugger uses the same .elf format?
Yes.

Sent from my BlackBerry

Sent: Monday, December 17, 2012 1:52 PM
To: general-toolchain
Reply To: general-toolchain@community.qnx.com
Subject: Re: How to generate a .ELF file.

So the Momentic debugger uses the same .elf format?

General
http://community.qnx.com/sf/go/post98175
To cancel your subscription to this discussion, please e-mail general-toolchain-unsubscribe@community.qnx.com
Attachment: HTML sf-attachment-mime8431 1.75 KB