Documents
Documents
Wiki
Wiki
Discussion Forums
Discussions
Project Information
Project Info
Forum Topic - Issues with Momentics: QNX C/C++ Project, Shared Library project: (7 Items)

Issues with Momentics: QNX C/C++ Project, Shared Library project  
I just tried creating a shared .so project in Momentics v4.7.0 on Linux for the first time. The problem I have with it 
is c/cpp source files added to the project in usual Eclipse way [Project]->Import->General->FileSystem... get added to 
the project but are excluded from the build. If I add new source files to the same project through Project->New... (e.g.
 [Project]->New->Class) those get added and also compiled/linked into my .so. 

Can anyone please shed some light over it? Spent half a day on it and still can't find what could possibly be wrong... 

Thanks
Re: Issues with Momentics: QNX C/C++ Project, Shared Library project  
Just to clarify: the problem only shows with existing source files added to the project. New project files  created 
directly in Momentics work as expected...
More on this. I just noticed if I simply drag a source cpp file from nautilus right into project tree in Momentics that 
works for existing files! The problem is my project has hundreds and hundreds of files all arranged into a nice and 
clean folder structure on a disk. So I though I can do the same thing I usually do in Eclipse in such situations. I just
 use [Project]->Import->General->FileSystem, point it to the directory I want to include, select subdirs/files I want to
 include into project, give it a local Project Browser path and thats it. The whole selected tree is included into my 
project preserving directory hierarchy.

I just tried, this method seems to still work in Momentics if I go with New -> Project -> C/C++ Project. 

However if I go with New -> QNX C++ Project this method doesn't work. The source tree gets included into project but 
excluded from the build.  I'm just getting

make[2]: Nothing to be done for `all'.   

Obviously I don't wont to drag almost half a thousand of C++ files manually from Nautilus. They will all end up on one 
level in Project Explorer in Momentics. There is no chance I can quickly find anything I want in there then. So I would 
like to preserve the original directory structure on disk in Project Explorer too. Just like I can do with C/C++ project

Any ideas how to fix this?

Thanks.
You have to include folders manually in the makefile. QNX project user recursive makefiles syntax. Check the docs about 
add source folders 
Thanks Elena! Can you please throw the link to the right place in documentation? I seems can't locate anything relevant 
or looking in a wrong place.
Thank you Elena!