Documents
Documents
Wiki
Wiki
Discussion Forums
Discussions
Project Information
Project Info
Forum Topic - Breakpoint confusion -- multiple processes: (3 Items)

Breakpoint confusion -- multiple processes  
I'm using IDE 4.7 with QNX 6.4.1

I'm debugging several processes at once.  If I set a breakpoint in process 'A' and then start process 'B", the 
breakpoint in process 'A' is tagged with a warning 'Unresolved Breakpont'.  If process 'B' is stopped, then the tag is 
removed.

One of the results of this happening is that I can't use conditional breakponts, the breakpoint is hit no matter what.  
Also, sometimes if I remove the breakpoint, it is still hit.

Any insights, or things I could do to prevent the unresolved breakpoint issue?  I think this may solve problems I have 
with conditional break points.

Thanks
Kevin

Re: Breakpoint confusion -- multiple processes  
Debugging is not very good with multiple processes. Breakpoint associated with the source code, not with process. So 
when you create breakpoint it will be hit
if ANY of the processes have this code executed. So breakpoints kind of shared if one is not found in another process it
 would be mark as unresolved (but it would be hit in another one).
Anyway I suggest to use two IDE's instead.

On 07/06/2011 12:48 PM, Kevin Stallard wrote:
> I'm using IDE 4.7 with QNX 6.4.1
> 
> I'm debugging several processes at once.  If I set a breakpoint in process 'A' and then start process 'B", the 
breakpoint in process 'A' is tagged with a warning 'Unresolved Breakpont'.  If process 'B' is stopped, then the tag is 
removed.
> 
> One of the results of this happening is that I can't use conditional breakponts, the breakpoint is hit no matter what.
  Also, sometimes if I remove the breakpoint, it is still hit.
> 
> Any insights, or things I could do to prevent the unresolved breakpoint issue?  I think this may solve problems I have
 with conditional break points.
> 
> Thanks
> Kevin
> 
> 
> 
> 
> 
> _______________________________________________
> 
> General
> http://community.qnx.com/sf/go/post87145
> 
Re: Breakpoint confusion -- multiple processes  
Thanks...that insight is very helpful.  Conditional breakpoints actually started to work, so I'm happy.  But thanks for 
clarifying how this works.  That is very helpful.

I hope you guys are doing well...take care,
Kevin