Documents
Documents
Wiki
Wiki
Discussion Forums
Discussions
Project Information
Project Info
BroadcastCommunity.qnx.com will be offline from May 31 6:00pm until June 2 12:00AM for upcoming system upgrades. For more information please go to https://community.qnx.com/sf/discussion/do/listPosts/projects.bazaar/discussion.bazaar.topc28418
Forum Topic - Make.exe (or qcc) crashed during build?: (2 Items)

Make.exe (or qcc) crashed during build?  
Hello,

A customer is using the latest GCC 4.2 on Windows Host (with 6.3.2). While compiling a big "Standard Make" project, he's
 seeing random Make failure. (re make again sometimes get through).

After some experiment, he seems found it is related how the temp file being created. Here is the description.

[quote]
During the compiling the qcc creates temporary directories in the ‘C:\Documents and Settings\Username\Local Settings\
Temp\’ folder for every source file. The name of a temporary directory consists of a fix string (“2_qcc_”) and a 
random number between 1000 and 9999. If I terminate the build by CTRL-C then the actual folder won’t be deleted. I 
guess the crash happens when the qcc tries to recreate a directory with name of an existing, because the variation of 
the four digits is not too much. And if I delete the remained directories from the Local Settings/Temp then the crash 
not appears…
[/quote]

I wonder if this is a known issue, and if there is a solution already...
Re: Make.exe (or qcc) crashed during build?  
PR45770.

Regards,

Ryan Mansfield