Documents
Documents
Wiki
Wiki
Discussion Forums
Discussions
Project Information
Project Info
BroadcastCommunity.qnx.com will be offline from May 31 6:00pm until June 2 12:00AM for upcoming system upgrades. For more information please go to https://community.qnx.com/sf/discussion/do/listPosts/projects.bazaar/discussion.bazaar.topc28418
Forum Topic - lex & yacc: (7 Items)

lex & yacc  
Dear community,
I'm searching for the lex and yacc sources because I'm porting some c++ dll's from windows to QNX which make use of lex 
and yacc.
Now I've browsed through the usr/bin dir's of the QNX installation but can't find lex/flex or yacc/bison anywhere.
Actually I'll need the scanner & parser to port my Dll's.
Does anybody know where I may get the sources or even better the compiled programs from. My installation version is QNX 

I wanted to compile the sources on my own using Momentix to make sure they are running on my QNX installation. But I 
would prefer to get the tools compiled for QNX already Smile

Ideas and help is welcome!

Regards,
Thomas
Re: lex & yacc  
Flex and Bison binaries are shipped with Momentics under the $QNX_HOST/usr/bin directory.

Regards,

Ryan Mansfield

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Tuesday, October 19, 2010 04:40 AM
To: general-toolchain <post71185@community.qnx.com>
Subject: lex & yacc

Dear community,
I'm searching for the lex and yacc sources because I'm porting some c++ dll's from windows to QNX which make use of lex 
and yacc.
Now I've browsed through the usr/bin dir's of the QNX installation but can't find lex/flex or yacc/bison anywhere.
Actually I'll need the scanner & parser to port my Dll's.
Does anybody know where I may get the sources or even better the compiled programs from. My installation version is QNX 

I wanted to compile the sources on my own using Momentix to make sure they are running on my QNX installation. But I 
would prefer to get the tools compiled for QNX already Smile

Ideas and help is welcome!

Regards,
Thomas

General
http://community.qnx.com/sf/go/post71185
Thanks for your quik response, but I guess it's only shipped for the current host, which is windows on my side acutally,
 but I'll need the tools for QNX OS.

Regards,
Thomas
> Thanks for your quik response, but I guess it's only shipped for the current 
> host, which is windows on my side acutally, but I'll need the tools for QNX OS
> .
> 
> Regards,
> Thomas

I mean, I can't just copy the executeables to QNX, right?
Those would be windows binaries so no. :) 

The flex and bison binaries that run on QNX are part of the self hosted Momentics install in the directory I mentioned.

Regards,

Ryan Mansfield

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Tuesday, October 19, 2010 06:51 AM
To: general-toolchain <post71191@community.qnx.com>
Subject: Re: lex & yacc

> Thanks for your quik response, but I guess it's only shipped for the current 
> host, which is windows on my side acutally, but I'll need the tools for QNX OS
> .
> 
> Regards,
> Thomas

I mean, I can't just copy the executeables to QNX, right?

General
http://community.qnx.com/sf/go/post71191
Ok, thanks - i got the QNX bison & lex files, but now another few lib's are needed.
This is fucking exhausting ... 
Because I got a QNX set up without any GUI/IDE and I'll have to copy the Bison/Lex to this installation ... but actually I guess there will be more libs missing than the first two libs mentioned by the console. 

So, what do you suggest, edit/"repair" the QNX installation and install the lex and bison related files (if this might be possible separately) or copy every single file needed by the lex & bison from another QNX?

Regards,
Thomas

> Those would be windows binaries so no. :) 
> 
> The flex and bison binaries that run on QNX are part of the self hosted 
> Momentics install in the directory I mentioned.
> 
> Regards,
> 
> Ryan Mansfield
> 
> ----- Original Message -----
> From: test zwerg [mailto:community-noreply@qnx.com]
> Sent: Tuesday, October 19, 2010 06:51 AM
> To: general-toolchain <post71191@community.qnx.com>
> Subject: Re: lex & yacc
> 
> > Thanks for your quik response, but I guess it's only shipped for the current
>  
> > host, which is windows on my side acutally, but I'll need the tools for QNX 
> OS
> > .
> > 
> > Regards,
> > Thomas
> 
> 
> I mean, I can't just copy the executeables to QNX, right?
> 
> 
> 
> _______________________________________________
> 
> General
> http://community.qnx.com/sf/go/post71191

Is there generally a chance to get the sources somewhere, compile them on my own and copy the binaries to the target 
system?
Unfortunately I can't call make on the target system, because its disable and I'll have to comile the sources using 
momentics IDE.