Documents
Documents
Wiki
Wiki
Discussion Forums
Discussions
Project Information
Project Info
Forum Topic - flexelint on qnx: (3 Items)

flexelint on qnx  
Hi,
 i would like to know if anyone has used flexelint on QNX Neutrino OS? i tried porting it to Neutrino x86 host, and 
compilation is succesful. however, i face issues in executing the tool on my source code. i get #error 309: Not 
configured for Compiler. So i defined this in my lint configuration file. But then it throws another error saying Endian
 not configured.. how many of these need to be enabled and what are the macros? or if someone has the lint configuration
 file for QNX, can it be shared?

Rgds
Kishore
Re: flexelint on qnx  
> Hi,
>  i would like to know if anyone has used flexelint on QNX Neutrino OS? i tried
>  porting it to Neutrino x86 host, and compilation is succesful. however, i 
> face issues in executing the tool on my source code. i get #error 309: Not 
> configured for Compiler. So i defined this in my lint configuration file. But 
> then it throws another error saying Endian not configured.. how many of these 
> need to be enabled and what are the macros? or if someone has the lint 
> configuration file for QNX, can it be shared?
> 

Been using it for years, even QNX is using it ( don't know if they are using pclint of flexelint)

It can be tricky to build the right lnt file. I`ve started from the gcc one and then did 

$(COMPILE.cc) -E -Wp,-dM foo.c >define.lnt

Here foo.c is an empty file.

And in the .lnt I added

-header(define.lnt)
+libh(define.lnt)

> Rgds
> Kishore

RE: flexelint on qnx  
We do use the tool internally, but I have not yet been able to get permission to release our configuration on F27.  
(Parts of it are covered by two separate third party agreements, which complicates things a bit.)  Our Flexelint 
configuration is quite complex, mostly owing to the fact that we need to support runs against multiple different 
standards and for different versions of the compiler.

Regards,
Neil

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Tue 2010-02-09 08:30
To: general-toolchain
Subject: Re: flexelint on qnx

> Hi,
>  i would like to know if anyone has used flexelint on QNX Neutrino OS? i tried
>  porting it to Neutrino x86 host, and compilation is succesful. however, i 
> face issues in executing the tool on my source code. i get #error 309: Not 
> configured for Compiler. So i defined this in my lint configuration file. But 
> then it throws another error saying Endian not configured.. how many of these 
> need to be enabled and what are the macros? or if someone has the lint 
> configuration file for QNX, can it be shared?
> 

Been using it for years, even QNX is using it ( don't know if they are using pclint of flexelint)

It can be tricky to build the right lnt file. I`ve started from the gcc one and then did 

$(COMPILE.cc) -E -Wp,-dM foo.c >define.lnt

Here foo.c is an empty file.

And in the .lnt I added

-header(define.lnt)
+libh(define.lnt)

> Rgds
> Kishore

General
http://community.qnx.com/sf/go/post46898

Attachment: Text winmail.dat 3.22 KB