Documents
Documents
Wiki
Wiki
Discussion Forums
Discussions
Project Information
Project Info
BroadcastCommunity.qnx.com will be offline from May 31 6:00pm until June 2 12:00AM for upcoming system upgrades. For more information please go to https://community.qnx.com/sf/discussion/do/listPosts/projects.bazaar/discussion.bazaar.topc28418
Forum Topic - Problem with dependency generation as sideeffect of build: (3 Items)

Problem with dependency generation as sideeffect of build  
I seem to have problems using -Wp,-MMD,-MF,<stem of input and add .D as suffix>
cc1plus: error: ../../share/net/socketcallbacks.D: No such file or directory
if I touch the .D file:
../../share/net/socketcallbacks.cpp:1: sorry, unimplemented: inter-module optimizations not implemented for C++

Is this a known problem?

George
Re: Problem with dependency generation as sideeffect of build  
> I seem to have problems using -Wp,-MMD,-MF,<stem of input and add .D as suffix>
> cc1plus: error: ../../share/net/socketcallbacks.D: No such file or directory
> if I touch the .D file:
> ../../share/net/socketcallbacks.cpp:1: sorry, unimplemented: inter-module 
> optimizations not implemented for C++
> 
> Is this a known problem?

The new QCC now handles the gcc -M* options so you no longer have to pass them directly down to cc1plus. Can you Can you
 add -v to your compile options and post the full line of how qcc is calling cc1plus?

Regards,

Ryan Mansfield

Re: Problem with dependency generation as sideeffect of build  
Below are the command string and its corresponding error messages..

/george

QCC -vv -Wp,-MMD,-MF,../../share/net/socketcallbacks.D -DUNIX -D_REENTRANT  -DDEBUG=1 -D_DEBUG  -D_PHOTON_ -I../../../..
 -I../../../.. -I../.. -I../../../../platforms/photon -I/opt/qnx632/target/qnx6/usr/include/photon   -V4.2.1,gcc_ntox86 
-pipe -fcheck-new -fno-rtti -Wreturn-type -gstabs -c  ../../share/net/socketcallbacks.cpp -o  ../../share/net/
socketcallbacks.o
cc: looking for gcc_ntox86+debug in /opt/qnx632/host/linux/x86/etc/qcc/gcc/4.2.1/gcc_ntox86++.conf
cc: looking for gcc_ntox86+debug in /opt/qnx632/host/linux/x86/etc/qcc/gcc/4.2.1/gcc_ntox86.conf
/opt/qnx632/host/linux/x86/usr/lib/gcc/i386-pc-nto-qnx6.3.0/4.2.1/cc1plus -DUNIX -D_REENTRANT -DDEBUG=1 -D_DEBUG -
D_PHOTON_ -I../../../.. -I../../../.. -I../.. -I../../../../platforms/photon -I/opt/qnx632/target/qnx6/usr/include/
photon -gstabs -quiet -fno-var-tracking -fno-builtin -nostdinc -nostdinc++ -D__cplusplus -D__QNX__ -D__QNXNTO__ -
D__GNUC__=4 -D__GNUC_MINOR__=2 -D__GNUC_PATCHLEVEL__=1 -D__NO_INLINE__ -D__DEPRECATED -D__EXCEPTIONS -D__unix__ -D__unix
 -D__ELF__ -D__X86__ -D__i386__ -D__LITTLEENDIAN__ -MMD -MF ../../share/net/socketcallbacks.D -fcheck-new -fno-rtti -
Wreturn-type -idirafter /opt/qnx632/target/qnx6/usr/include -isystem /opt/qnx632/host/linux/x86/usr/lib/gcc/i386-pc-nto-
qnx6.3.0/4.2.1/include -isystem /opt/qnx632/target/qnx6/usr/include/cpp/c -isystem /opt/qnx632/target/qnx6/usr/include/
cpp ../../share/net/socketcallbacks.cpp -dumpbase ../../share/net/socketcallbacks.cpp -o - | \
 /opt/qnx632/host/linux/x86/usr/bin/ntox86-as-2.17 -o ../../share/net/socketcallbacks.o
cc1plus: error: ../../share/net/socketcallbacks.D: No such file or directory
cc: /opt/qnx632/host/linux/x86/usr/lib/gcc/i386-pc-nto-qnx6.3.0/4.2.1/cc1plus error 1
cc: unlinking ../../share/net/socketcallbacks.o
make: *** [../../share/net/socketcallbacks.o] Error 1