Documents
Documents
Wiki
Wiki
Discussion Forums
Discussions
Project Information
Project Info
Forum Topic - Building host utilities for win32: (2 Items)

Building host utilities for win32  
[Reposting from OSDev forum on behalf of Josh Radel]

Building host utilities for win32
What steps do I need to take to build the host utilities for win32 (using the 6.4.1 Windows-hosted environment)?

I've set up my staging environment with INSTALL_ROOT_win32 defined, and I'm attempting to build lib/traceparser (just an

example) with OSLIST=win32.

I'm seeing two issues:
QNX_TARGET=`cygpath -w /` C:/local_tools/qnx/QNX641/host/win32/x86/usr/bin/qcc -c -Vgcc_mingw -DNDEBUG -D_NTO_HDR_DIR_=C

:/local_tools/qnx/QN
X641/target/qnx6/usr/include/   -I. -Ic:/qnx_source/qnx_trunk_working/lib/traceparser/win32/x86/a -Ic:/qnx_source/
qnx_trunk_working/lib/trac
eparser/win32/x86 -Ic:/qnx_source/qnx_trunk_working/lib/traceparser/win32 -Ic:/qnx_source/qnx_trunk_working/lib/
traceparser -Ic:/qnx_source/
qnx_trunk_working/lib/traceparser/public -I/c/qnx_source/qnx_trunk_working/install_win32/usr/include -I/c/qnx_source/
qnx_trunk_working/insta
ll_win32/usr/include -I/usr/include        -DVARIANT_a -DBUILDENV_qss  c:/qnx_source/qnx_trunk_working/lib/traceparser/
traceparser.c
C:/Temp/make14602.sh: cygpath: command not found

cc: unknown target 'gcc_mingw'

Do I need to pull down gcc from the standard mingw release and drop it into host/win32/x86/etc/qcc/gcc? Or does QNX have

a modified version that is used for building win32 host utilities?

And is the "cygpath" error safe to ignore, or do I need to get cygpath from somewhere, too?
Re: Building host utilities for win32  
Dave Bott wrote:
> [Reposting from OSDev forum on behalf of Josh Radel]
> 
> Building host utilities for win32
> What steps do I need to take to build the host utilities for win32 (using the 6.4.1 Windows-hosted environment)?
> 
> I've set up my staging environment with INSTALL_ROOT_win32 defined, and I'm attempting to build lib/traceparser (just 
an
>  example) with OSLIST=win32.
> 
> I'm seeing two issues:
> QNX_TARGET=`cygpath -w /` C:/local_tools/qnx/QNX641/host/win32/x86/usr/bin/qcc -c -Vgcc_mingw -DNDEBUG -D_NTO_HDR_DIR_
=C
> :/local_tools/qnx/QN
> X641/target/qnx6/usr/include/   -I. -Ic:/qnx_source/qnx_trunk_working/lib/traceparser/win32/x86/a -Ic:/qnx_source/
> qnx_trunk_working/lib/trac
> eparser/win32/x86 -Ic:/qnx_source/qnx_trunk_working/lib/traceparser/win32 -Ic:/qnx_source/qnx_trunk_working/lib/
> traceparser -Ic:/qnx_source/
> qnx_trunk_working/lib/traceparser/public -I/c/qnx_source/qnx_trunk_working/install_win32/usr/include -I/c/qnx_source/
> qnx_trunk_working/insta
> ll_win32/usr/include -I/usr/include        -DVARIANT_a -DBUILDENV_qss  c:/qnx_source/qnx_trunk_working/lib/traceparser
/
> traceparser.c
> C:/Temp/make14602.sh: cygpath: command not found
> 
> cc: unknown target 'gcc_mingw'
> 
> 
> Do I need to pull down gcc from the standard mingw release and drop it into host/win32/x86/etc/qcc/gcc? Or does QNX 
have
>  a modified version that is used for building win32 host utilities?

We have a set of internal qcc configuration files written to match 
specific version of the mingw toolchain. We do not ship all the tools 
required to build windows binaries.

> And is the "cygpath" error safe to ignore, or do I need to get cygpath from somewhere, too?

You can work around the cygpath issue or install cygwin. Our internal 
windows build environment builds both mingw, and cygwin binaries (phab 
for Windows).

Regards,

Ryan Mansfield