Project Home
Project Home
Wiki
Wiki
Discussion Forums
Discussions
Project Information
Project Info
Forum Topic - Building/Running Qt 5 on QNX SDP 7.1: (4 Items)

Building/Running Qt 5 on QNX SDP 7.1  
Greetings QNX Developer Community:

Before getting to the meat of this post, I would like to clarify that I am a beginner with both Qt and QNX.  I 
downloaded the evaluation of QNX 7.1, as well as an evaluation of Qt 5.  Qt's official documentation for Qt for QNX says
 that it is supported for QNX 7.0.  Is it possible to build/run Qt 5 on QNX 7.1?  I haven't found any documentation/
tutorials specifically for this.  Just as a test, I attempted to build a simple HelloWorld Qt project against my QNX 7.1
 install, and there were a bunch of errors on missing libraries.  Upon further inspection, I found that the libraries 
were there, but they were different versions (i.e. libc.so.5 instead of libc.so.4, for example).  At this point in time,
 I don't have any target hardware, as I was tasked with evaluating QNX and Qt for use in future projects.

Thanks,

Daniel
Re: Building/Running Qt 5 on QNX SDP 7.1  
Hi Daniel,

You'll need to re-build the Qt libraries with QNX 7.1.  The ones in the Qt5 evaluation package will be built for QNX 7.0

James
I've been attempting to build Qt 5.15.1 for QNX 7.1, and I'm running into an issue that I don't know how to get around.

Preconditions:
The Qt 5.15 source code is downloaded into a source directory, and I've created separated build and install directories 
for Qt
Python 3.8 and ActivePerl have been installed as prerequisites for building Qt, and their paths have been added to the 
PATH variable
I'm using MinGW as the compiler
I've executed qnxsdp-env.bat

Procedure:
1) Execute configure.bat from the build directory "C:\Qt\qt-build-5.15.1-qnx-armle-v7-qcc>..\qt-everywhere-src-5.15.1\
configure.bat -prefix ..\qt-install-5.15.1-qnx-armle-v7-qcc -platform win32-g++ -xplatform qnx-armle-v7-qcc -confirm-
license -opensource"
2) After configure returns successfully, execute mingw32-make from the build directory "C:\Qt\qt-build-5.15.1-qnx-armle-
v7-qcc>mingw32-make"

I've attached a build log, and the error output from the last command is shown below:
c:\Users\danhin\qnx710\\host\win64\x86_64\usr\bin\arm-unknown-nto-qnx7.1.0eabi-ld: .obj/YarrInterpreter.obj: in function
 `JSC::Yarr::byteCompile(JSC::Yarr::YarrPattern&, WTF::BumpPointerAllocator*, JSC::NoLock*)':
YarrInterpreter.cpp:(.text+0x34a): undefined reference to `JSC::Yarr::wordUnicodeIgnoreCaseCharCreate()'
c:\Users\danhin\qnx710\\host\win64\x86_64\usr\bin\arm-unknown-nto-qnx7.1.0eabi-ld: YarrInterpreter.cpp:(.text+0x3a0): 
undefined reference to `JSC::Yarr::newlineCreate()'
c:\Users\danhin\qnx710\\host\win64\x86_64\usr\bin\arm-unknown-nto-qnx7.1.0eabi-ld: YarrInterpreter.cpp:(.text+0x3f8): 
undefined reference to `JSC::Yarr::wordcharCreate()'
c:\Users\danhin\qnx710\\host\win64\x86_64\usr\bin\arm-unknown-nto-qnx7.1.0eabi-ld: .obj/YarrJIT.obj: in function `JSC::
Yarr::YarrPattern::newlineCharacterClass()':
YarrJIT.cpp:(.text.
_ZN3JSC4Yarr11YarrPattern21newlineCharacterClassEv[_ZN3JSC4Yarr11YarrPattern21newlineCharacterClassEv]+0x28): undefined 
reference to `JSC::Yarr::newlineCreate()'
c:\Users\danhin\qnx710\\host\win64\x86_64\usr\bin\arm-unknown-nto-qnx7.1.0eabi-ld: .obj/YarrJIT.obj: in function `JSC::
Yarr::YarrPattern::wordUnicodeIgnoreCaseCharCharacterClass()':
_ZN3JSC4Yarr11YarrPattern39wordUnicodeIgnoreCaseCharCharacterClassEv[_ZN3JSC4Yarr11YarrPattern39wordUnicodeIgnoreCaseCha
rCharacterClassEv]+0x28): undefined reference to `JSC::Yarr::wordUnicodeIgnoreCaseCharCreate()'
Yarr::YarrPattern::wordcharCharacterClass()':
_ZN3JSC4Yarr11YarrPattern22wordcharCharacterClassEv[_ZN3JSC4Yarr11YarrPattern22wordcharCharacterClassEv]+0x28): 
c:\Users\danhin\qnx710\\host\win64\x86_64\usr\bin\arm-unknown-nto-qnx7.1.0eabi-ld: .obj/YarrPattern.obj: in function `
JSC::Yarr::dumpCharacterClass(WTF::PrintStream&, JSC::Yarr::YarrPattern*, JSC::Yarr::CharacterClass*)':
YarrPattern.cpp:(.text+0x472): undefined reference to `JSC::Yarr::newlineCreate()'
c:\Users\danhin\qnx710\\host\win64\x86_64\usr\bin\arm-unknown-nto-qnx7.1.0eabi-ld: YarrPattern.cpp:(.text+0x4e0): 
undefined reference to `JSC::Yarr::digitsCreate()'
c:\Users\danhin\qnx710\\host\win64\x86_64\usr\bin\arm-unknown-nto-qnx7.1.0eabi-ld: YarrPattern.cpp:(.text+0x540): 
undefined reference to `JSC::Yarr::spacesCreate()'
c:\Users\danhin\qnx710\\host\win64\x86_64\usr\bin\arm-unknown-nto-qnx7.1.0eabi-ld: YarrPattern.cpp:(.text+0x5b8): 
c:\Users\danhin\qnx710\\host\win64\x86_64\usr\bin\arm-unknown-nto-qnx7.1.0eabi-ld: YarrPattern.cpp:(.text+0x632): 
undefined reference to `JSC::Yarr::nonwordcharCreate()'
c:\Users\danhin\qnx710\\host\win64\x86_64\usr\bin\arm-unknown-nto-qnx7.1.0eabi-ld: YarrPattern.cpp:(.text+0x6ac): 
undefined reference to `JSC::Yarr::wordUnicodeIgnoreCaseCharCreate()'
c:\Users\danhin\qnx710\\host\win64\x86_64\usr\bin\arm-unknown-nto-qnx7.1.0eabi-ld:...
View Full Message
Attachment: Text build.log 224.42 KB
Hi Daniel,
Did you make it?