Project Home
Project Home
Wiki
Wiki
Discussion Forums
Discussions
Project Information
Project Info
Forum Topic - Building Qt 5.7.1 for QNX 6.6.0 armle-v7: (10 Items)

Building Qt 5.7.1 for QNX 6.6.0 armle-v7  
I am trying to build Qt 5.7.1 for QNX 6.6.0 running atop an i.MX6q processor (armle-v7). Actually, the build itself 
succeeded, but Qt refuses to start up. Here's what I did:

I essentially followed the instructions found here:
http://wiki.qt.io/Building_Qt_for_QNX_Neutrino_OS
and here:
http://wiki.qt.io/QNX-App-development-and-deployment

I used git to check out version 5.7.1 to my Debian host system and built Qt as per the instructions in the Qt Wiki. I 
then uploaded the Qt build (the folders bin, doc, examples, include, lib, mkspecs and plugins) to the target board to 
local eMMC storage (/home/qt5, although I have tried /opt/qt/ before with the same result). I set up the envvars needed 
for Qt as follows:
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$LD_LIBRARY_PATH:/home/qt5/lib
export QT_PLUGIN_PATH=/home/qt5/plugins
export QML2_IMPORT_PATH=/home/qt5/qml
export QML_IMPORT_PATH=/home/qt5/imports
export QQNX_PHYSICAL_SCREEN_SIZE="217,136"
export QT_DEBUG_PLUGINS=1
export QT_QPA_PLATFORM_PLUGIN_PATH=/home/qt5/plugins
export QT_QPA_FONTDIR=/home/qt5/lib/fonts

When I try to run a Qt binary, I get the following error (see attached file for full dump):
Got keys from plugin meta data ("qnx")
QFactoryLoader::QFactoryLoader() checking directory path "/home/qt5/examples/gui/analogclock/platforms" ...
Cannot load library /home/qt5/plugins/platforms/libqqnx.so: (Library cannot be found)
QLibraryPrivate::loadPlugin failed on "/home/qt5/plugins/platforms/libqqnx.so" : "Cannot load library /home/qt5/plugins/
platforms/libqqnx.so: (Library cannot be found)"
This application failed to start because it could not find or load the Qt platform plugin "qnx"
in "/home/qt5/plugins".

Those files are, however, exactly where they are supposed to be. Running ldd on the Qt binary didn't reveal any dead 
links, either. Screen does run and the gles-gears sample binaries work with no issues.

Please help. I'm stuck and I don't know what to do.

Thanks a lot!
Attachment: Text analogclock_full_dump.txt 3.03 KB
Re: Building Qt 5.7.1 for QNX 6.6.0 armle-v7  
The target needs additional shared objects.  Run the application with LD_DEBUG=libs (e.g., LD_DEBUG=libs analogClock).  
It'll tell you what's missing.
You can get "could not find or load the Qt platform plugin "qnx"" if the freetype font system in non-functional.
Okay guys, thanks for your help so far. The problem was indeed that the /usr/lib/libfontconfig.so and .so.1 were missing
. I added them to my build and now I Qt does start up and show something (though not always) - analogclock does show 
something (I'll attach a screenshot, I have a sneaky feeling it's missing some letters?)

In general, fonts don't show. I noticed that the folder QT_QPA_FONTDIR=/home/qt5/lib/fonts doesn't exist. Did I miss 
something during my first build? I do have two files libfreetype.so and .so.1:
# ls -la /usr/lib/libfreetype.so*
-rwxr-xr-x   1 1002      1002         390379 Feb 23  2014 /usr/lib/libfreetype.so
-rwxr-xr-x   1 1002      1002         390379 Feb 23  2014 /usr/lib/libfreetype.so.1

I also sometimes get error messages about a missing library glesv2-sc-dlls:
libs: load_object: attempt load of /usr/lib/graphics/iMX6X/glesv2-sc-dlls
libs: dlopen: Library cannot be found
libs: dlopen("glesv2-sc-dlls",1536)
Mode: LOCAL GROUP

libs: load_object: attempt load of glesv2-sc-dlls
libs: dlopen("/usr/lib/graphics/iMX6X/glesv2-sc-dlls.so",1536)

libs: load_object: attempt load of /usr/lib/graphics/iMX6X/glesv2-sc-dlls.so
libs: dlopen("glesv2-sc-dlls.so",1536)

libs: load_object: attempt load of glesv2-sc-dlls.so
libs: dlopen("/usr/lib/graphics/iMX6X/libGLSLC.so",1536)

Thanks a lot!
Attachment: Image analogclock.jpg 37.91 KB
I sent you a pdf vIa email containing more info about the QNX font system.  Let me know if you don't get it.

Regarding the screen dll errors, I haven't encountered that.  Since it only happens "sometimes", it sounds like timing.

Dennis
Thanks. I didn't get an email yet.

Sorry, I didn't express myself very well. The error does occur for some programs, but not for others. It does always 
occur for the qt/examples/opengl/cube/cube binary. The analogclock binary never produces such an error.
It sounds like the error occurs when gles2 is requjired.  Widget programs, like the clock only require gles1.  QML 
programs require gles2.

Try gles2-gears - it must work before you try QML programs!.

It "sounds like" your screen driver contains "mixed" version components.

D
Thanks for the pdf, I got the font system to work with Qt now. Thanks a lot!!!

I still get that weird error about the glesv2-sc-dlls failing to load... The gles2gears example runs fine, but it does 
give me the same error message. I got the Qt hellowindow example to run ok, too, but also with the same error.
If everything works (gles2gears, qt) then I suspect the messages are bogus - likely a bug perhaps already fixed.  You 
might try posting to the discussion at  http://community.qnx.com/sf/discussion/do/listTopics/projects.graphics/
discussion.advanced_graphics... but not sure how well that discussion is monitored.  If you post, stick to the simple 
case of the errors  with gles2grears.
Thanks, I just created a post.

Thanks again for your help!