Project Home
Project Home
Wiki
Wiki
Discussion Forums
Discussions
Project Information
Project Info
Forum Topic - How to compile Qt5.8 for QNX7 ?: (16 Items)

How to compile Qt5.8 for QNX7 ?  
Anyone has a detailed procedure to compile Qt5.8 for QNX7 (armv7le) ?

Nicolas
Re: How to compile Qt5.8 for QNX7 ?  
From git on...Linux?

source ~/qnx700/qnxsdp-env.sh
git clone git://code.qt.io/qt/qt5.git qt58
cd qt58
git checkout 5.8
./init-repository --module-subset=default,-qtwebkit,-qtwebkit-examples,-qtwebengine,-qtwebchannel
cd ..
mkdir qt58-build
cd qt58-build
mkdir int result
cd int
../../qt58/configure -prefix /usr/qt5 -extprefix $HOME/qt58-build/result -xplatform qnx-armle-v7-qcc -opensource -
confirm-license -release -nomake examples -nomake tests -force-debug-info -separate-debug-info
make -j4
make install

Building for 64-bit targets (aarch64le or x86_64) is a bit more difficult because the mkspecs are currently broken.

Windows should be similar.

QtMultimedia won't work because the QNX Multimedia component hasn't been released yet.  It'll build; it just won't be of
 any use.

You might have to drop other repositories if they won't build for QNX.

Hi James,

Thanks for your answer.
I'm currently using 32 bit arm target. So, I'm not concerned about 64 bit broken files.
However, I'm currently using Windows for dev. I am not successful cross compiling with Windows.
The commands you use are similar to the ones I use. I always end with an error somewhere.
Maybe I have to setup up a Linux box or VM.
Keep trying...

Nicolas
What's your host compiler?  As far as I know, the only one that will work is MinGW.
I tried VS2015 but as expected, it does not work. MAKEFLAGS set in qnxsdp-env.bat is problematic.

I also tried with MinGW64 (modern MinGW) but got an error after a while.
Maybe I have to try with MinGW...
I use MinGW-W64 (4.9.2) to build on Windows.  On Windows, you have to use short paths or the Qt source paths get 
truncated because they're too deep.  I tried the following just now (assumes 5.8 Qt source is in \QtD\58\s):

Open a MinGW-W64 terminal
%HOMEPATH%/qnx700/qnxsdp-env.bat
mkdir \QtD\58\qrai \QtD\58\qrar
cd \QtD\58\qrai
C:\QtD\58\s\configure.bat -prefix /usr/qt5 -extprefix C:\QtD\58\qrar -xplatform qnx-armle-v7-qcc -opensource -confirm-
license -release -nomake examples -nomake tests -force-debug-info -separate-debug-info
make -j4 module-qtbase
make module-qtbase-install_subtargets
I still get the same error when running configure.bat. After a while, I get :

g++ -o "../bin/qmake.exe" project.o option.o property.o main.o ioutils.o proitems.o qmakevfs.o qmakeglobals.o 
qmakeparser.o qmakeevaluator.o qmakebuiltins.o makefile.o unixmake2.o unixmake.o mingw_make.o winmakefile.o 
projectgenerator.o meta.o makefiledeps.o metamakefile.o xmloutput.o pbuilder_pbx.o msvc_vcproj.o msvc_vcxproj.o 
msvc_nmake.o msvc_objectmodel.o msbuild_objectmodel.o qtextcodec.o qutfcodec.o qstring.o qstring_compat.o qstringbuilder
.o qtextstream.o qiodevice.o qringbuffer.o qdebug.o qmalloc.o qglobal.o qarraydata.o qbytearray.o qbytearraymatcher.o 
qdatastream.o qbuffer.o qlist.o qfiledevice.o qfile.o qfilesystementry.o qfilesystemengine.o qfsfileengine.o 
qfsfileengine_iterator.o qregexp.o qvector.o qbitarray.o qdir.o qdiriterator.o quuid.o qhash.o qfileinfo.o qdatetime.o 
qstringlist.o qabstractfileengine.o qtemporaryfile.o qmap.o qmetatype.o qsettings.o qsystemerror.o qlibraryinfo.o 
qvariant.o qvsnprintf.o qlocale.o qlocale_tools.o qlinkedlist.o qnumeric.o qcryptographichash.o qxmlstream.o qxmlutils.o
 qlogging.o qjson.o qjsondocument.o qjsonparser.o qjsonarray.o qjsonobject.o qjsonvalue.o qfilesystemengine_win.o 
qfilesystemiterator_win.o qfsfileengine_win.o qlocale_win.o qsettings_win.o qsystemlibrary.o registry.o  -static -s -
lole32 -luuid -ladvapi32 -lkernel32 -Wl,--gc-sections
qsettings.o: In function `windowsConfigPath':
z:/QNX7/Qt/s/qtbase/src/corelib/io/qsettings.cpp:959: undefined reference to `SHGetKnownFolderPath'
collect2.exe: error: ld returned 1 exit status
Makefile:175: recipe for target '../bin/qmake.exe' failed
mingw32-make: *** [../bin/qmake.exe] Error 1
Building qmake failed, return code 2

Obviously, the problem appears at the link phase. 

Does the MinGW-W64 version is of importance ?
Uh, what version of Windows are you building on?  That's a Windows function that needs at least Windows Vista (or 
Windows Server 2008). I suspect that Qt's minimum Windows version is Windows 7.
I'm building on Windows10.
Upgrading MinGW-W64 to 5.3.0 solved the problem.

I've made some great progress.
I believe I have a working flow now.
I'll publish all the details when I have confirmed that the binaries are usable on the target..
Good news !!!  Qt applications are working correctly on the target !

Here are the steps I used to compile QT5.8 :

1) Install MinGW-W64 : 
I use version 5.3.0 (Qt wiki says Qt5.8 needs 5.3.0). 
If the installer works, you are lucky, else download the archive from Sourceforge. Here is the url I used : https://
netcologne.dl.sourceforge.net/project/mingw-w64/Toolchains%20targetting%20Win64/Personal%20Builds/mingw-builds/5.3.0/
threads-win32/sjlj/x86_64-5.3.0-release-win32-sjlj-rt_v4-rev0.7z

Extract the 7zip archive in c:\mingw-w64 (remove the first folder level of the archive when extracting).

2) Install Perl. 
Select latest ActivestatePerl (as stated somewhere in Qt wiki)

3) Open a DOS box (command prompt)

4) Create root directory
z:
mkdir QNX7
cd QNX7

5) Get Qt source code
git clone git://code.qt.io/qt/qt5.git qt58
cd qt58
git checkout 5.8
perl init-repository --module-subset=default,-qtwebkit,-qtwebkit-examples,-qtwebengine,-qtwebchannel

6) Build Qt
cd ..
mkdir qt58-build
cd qt58-build
mkdir int result
cd int
set PATH=c:\mingw-w64\bin;%PATH%
c:\qnx700\qnxsdp-env.bat
..\..\qt58\configure.bat -extprefix z:\QNX7\qt58-build\result -xplatform qnx-armle-v7-qcc -opensource -confirm-license -
release -nomake examples -nomake tests -force-debug-info -separate-debug-info
mingw32-make -j8
mingw32-make install

7) Configure momentics : 
Open the Preferences Dialog Box (Window/Preferences)
Select Qt in the left list
Remove the default entry
Add a new entry : In location, select Bowse and go to Z:\QNX7\qt58-build\result\bin\qmake.exe

You're done.
Thanks James for these instructions.  Worked perfectly on linux.

Only change I made was to put the default prefix at my traditional location (-prefix /opt/qt5).
>>>Building for 64-bit targets (aarch64le or x86_64) is a bit more difficult because the mkspecs are currently broken.

According to https://bugreports.qt.io/browse/QTBUG-59644 64-bit compiles were fixed in Qt 5.9.1.

I built Qt 5.9.2 for x86_64 and had no issues.
hello:
I want to know if I can be in compiling Qt5.8 under QNX6.6 ?
If can't, what are the limits?
Thanks.
It should build with QNX 6.6.  I'm not aware of any problems doing so but I haven't built the entirety of Qt 5.8 with 6.
6 recently.
Hello:
I compiled Qt5.6.2 succeeded; and specifies -opengl es2;
I think it is more convenient to use Qt5.6.2 development 3D, but failed, I'm in VM cannot be used SceneLoader components
 in QML;
Does not support openGL es2.0 ?
I followed the steps from Nicolas Pinault 03/31/2017 6:07 AM and was able to build Qt 58 successfully on 6.6 using 
mingw32.