Project Home
Project Home
Wiki
Wiki
Discussion Forums
Discussions
Project Information
Project Info
Forum Topic - Run Qt 5.2.0 at QNX 6.6 VMware target: Page 1 of 2 (12 Items)

Run Qt 5.2.0 at QNX 6.6 VMware target  
   Hello everybody! I download Qt 5.2.0 from this link: "http://community.qnx.com/sf/frs/do/viewRelease/projects.qt/frs.
binpkg.qt_5_2_0_development_environment", and build it for QNX x86 target with this configue command: "configure  -
release -nomake examples -nomake tests  -prefix C:\QtQNX\qt5-5.2_x86 -platform win32-g++ -xplatform qnx-x86-qcc -opengl 
es2 -no-cups -no-iconv -skip qtserialport -skip qtwebkit -mp", after "make" and "make install", I copy all "C:\QtQNX\qt5
-5.2_x86\" qnx qt library files to my QNX 6.6 vmware target. At QNX 6.6 vmware target, I also run "export 
QQNX_PHYSICAL_SCREEN_SIZE=150,100" comman for Qt application environment.
  After finshed things above, first I build a Qt console application and download it to QNX 6.6 vmware target, the 
console application could run on QNX target successful. Then, I create a Qt base GUI application with default source 
code and download it to QNX target,
but, this application run failed. I am sure my screen system is ok, because I could see "screen" device node at "/dev", 
and also, after run "screen" command, I could move mouse with cursor at QNX 6.6 target. Why the Qt GUI application 
failed? I don't know. From the slog2info, I find the error message, the content is: "This application failed to start 
because it could not find or load the Qt platform plugin "qnx".Reinstalling the application may fix this problem.". 
What's the meaning it is?
Re: Run Qt 5.2.0 at QNX 6.6 VMware target  
I have solved this question after add "export QT_PLUGIN_PATH=/opt/Qt520/plugins/", now the Qt GUI demo could run at my 
QNX 6.6 vmware target successful. But from slog2info message, still have some error message:
(1)May 06 16:45:19.778                 qnxdemo.20495              default*  9000  QQNX: failed to open navigator pps, 
errno=2 
(2)May 06 16:45:19.782                 qnxdemo.20495              default   9000  QQnxVirtualKeyboard: Unable to open "/
pps/services/input/control" for keyboard: No such file or directory
(3)May 06 16:45:19.783                 qnxdemo.20495              default   9000  QQNX: failed to open buttons pps, 
errno=2

I don't know these error if effect my GUI demo normal working or performance, how to solve these error message.
Ha, my reply overlapped with yours! :-)

Do not worry about those warnings. They have no influence on the app performance. We will fix the reason, remove or re-
phrase them in in the Qt 5.3.1 update. 
This happens because your app cannot find some other parts of the Qt runtime, the qnx plugin. The qnx plugin implements 
integration with screen and other system services. Since the Qt runtime can be installed on various places in the file 
system on a target, there are a few environment variables which have to be set in the shell where the apps start to 
point to the location of the Qt runtime on the target. 

You might be interested to check this wiki page:

http://qt-project.org/wiki/QNX-App-development-and-deployment

PS. To explain to others and avoid confusions. In the course of preparation of the Qt 5.3 packages we are working on a 
new structure of the wikis. The target is to get Qt on QNX better documented on the well-known Qt sites, e.g. the wiki 
and the Qt docs themselves. We would focus this forum more in topics which are more QNX specific and less Qt generic.
Understand, thanks a lot!
Vladimir - please correct me if I am wrong - but I believe that while "widget" based apps run on VMware, QML apps will 
not (due to lack of openGL).  I have observed this on hardware platforms without openGL support as well.
Indeed, it depends if the screen device supports OpenGL. Widgets in Qt5 run by default with a raster back-end. Starting 
with Qt5, i.e. the version 2 of Qt Quick, Qt Quick apps require Open GL and cannot run on a raster back end. In Qt4 it 
was possible to select how Qt Quick (Qt Quick 1) runs.
In C:\qnx660\target\qnx6\x86\usr\lib\graphics\vmware I see libGLESsoftgl.so, so this should work? Didn't have time to 
try it yet though...
While gles1-gears runs on vmware, gles2-gears will not. 

GLESv2 is required for QML in Qt5...
http://qt-project.org/doc/qt-5/qtquick-visualcanvas-scenegraph.html
Moreover, I asked a few folks and was told that VMware target is currently not supposed to be used as a fully 
operational Neutrino target. Especially the graphics functionality is very limited, Qt5 is not expected to run. The 
VMware target provided as an ISO image is more thought for bootstrapping while creating x86 boot images.

So, in short, Qt5 will not fully run under VMware. The only possibility I see for now using widgets since they run on a 
raster frame buffer (I did not try that myself yet) or console apps with QtCoreApplication