Project Home
Project Home
Wiki
Wiki
Discussion Forums
Discussions
Project Information
Project Info
Forum Topic - QNX 6.5 with Qt4 - jpg - pictures: (11 Items)

QNX 6.5 with Qt4 - jpg - pictures  
Hi again :)

following problem:

I tried to load .jpg - pictures into a QPixmap. Momentics is compiling without errors, but the pictures are not shown.
(on my Beagleboard) Under usr/lib/qt4/plugins/imageformats I can find a libqjpeg.so
With this it should be possible to display jpegs, or not?
Re: QNX 6.5 with Qt4 - jpg - pictures  
Jpegs are definitely displayable on beagleboard with Qt4.
In the internet I have read a lot, that you have to add a plugin for using jpeg (Linux and windows).
I am using your Demo for Beagleboard as a basic.
Is this plugin already integrated?

Just trying to figure out what the problem could be, because the naming and path is correct..
Yes, my beagleXM image is configured to use jpg plugin.  The "tabs" and "wvframe" examples plus the alternate content 
for qTstat all load jpg's from QML.
ok, "maybe" here lies the problem.

I want to display the jpg´s with a QPixmap and not with QML. Is it possible that the plugin is only working for QML?
The load function is working properly on the host machine.
So I checked now a few things and this is what I found out:

The programs you told me with the jpg`s are running well like you said if I use a terminalprogram and the shell.
If I use momentics then I have stopped the shell "sh" and provide some environments via momentics.
Now if I start "tabs" or "wvframe" via momentics with "-qws &" then the jpg can not be read and I get the following  message:
>> QQnxScreen: Attached to Device, number of displays: 1
>> QQnxScreen: Attached to Display 0, resolution 800x600, refresh 60 Hz
>> file:///tabs/content/tabs.qml:73:9: QML Image: Error decoding: file:///tabs/content/images/tab_r.jpg: Unsupported 
image format
>> file:///tabs/content/tabs.qml:48:9: QML Image: Error decoding: file:///tabs/content/images/tab_c.jpg: Unsupported 
image format
>> file:///tabs/content/tabs.qml:23:9: QML Image: Error decoding: file:///tabs/content/images/tab_l.jpg: Unsupported 
image format

Does this mean I am missing some environment variables for jpg?
>>>Does this mean I am missing some environment variables for jpg?
Yep.  You can correct this by creating a file /root/.profile and export'ing the same variables which you see in the 
serial console when you type "set".
For reference, the environment variable QT_PLUGIN_PATH must be set for Qt4.8.x, i.e.

QT_PLUGIN_PATH=/usr/lib/qt4/plugins

(It is not required with Qt 4.7 libraries.)
Ok, i now tried to export everything I see when I type "set". The resulting .profile-file looks now like this:
(The "#" marks the point after which I exported the additional values. the 6 exports before were already writen in the 
file)

>> export QWS_DISPLAY=qnx
>> export QWS_KEYBOARD=qnx
>> export TMPDIR=/ramdisk
>> export QWS_MOUSE_PROTO=qnx
>> export QT_PLUGIN_PATH=/usr/lib/qt4/plugins
>> export PATH=/proc/boot:/sbin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin
###############################################
>> export RANDOM=4548
>> export SECONDS=64
>> export SHELL
>> export SYSNAME=nto
>> export TERM=vt100
>> export TMOUT=0
>> export TMPDIR=/ramdisk
>> export _=set
>> export GRAPHICS_ROOT=/usr/lib/graphics/omap3730
>> export HOME=/
>> export IFS='
>> export '
>> export KSH_VERSION='@(#)PD KSH v5.2.14 99/07/13.2'
>> export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=:/proc/boot:/lib:/usr/lib:/lib/dll:/opt/lib:/usr/photon/lib:/usr/photon/lib:/tmp
>> export MAILCHECK=600
>> export OPTIND=1
>> export PATH=:/proc/boot:/bin:/usr/bin:/opt/bin:/usr/photon/bin:/sbin:/usr/sbin
>> export PPID=1
>> export PS1='# '
>> export PS2='> '
>> export PS3='#? '
>> export PS4='+ '
>> export PWD=/

Unfortunately nothing changes. doesn`t matter if I start the binary from the board or send it from Momentics to the 
board.
But starting from shell the images are loaded, but nothing is displayed on the monitor...
I played a bit around with the variables and added PATH and LD_LIBRARY_PATH to the environment variables in the run 
configurator of momentics.
Now I can load the jpg´s if I start the program from my hostmachine and send it to the board.

BUT if I start the program binary directly from the board (via momentics ), the jpg´s still are not loaded.
Could it be that the needed environment variables are deleted if I kill the shell?
How can I set these variables without starting the shell again?

already tried to export these again after killing the shell in the rc.local-file, but then the OS is freezing. 
(It looks like, because gf_splash is not killed which is before starting the program and killing the shell in rc.local)
Ok, working now.

I added the environment variables before starting the program and also before killing the shell.
Another way would be:
LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/proc/boot:/lib:/usr/lib:/lib/dl ./program_name -qws &