Project Home
Project Home
Wiki
Wiki
Discussion Forums
Discussions
Project Information
Project Info
Forum Topic - Resolution Beagleboard-xM: (5 Items)

Resolution Beagleboard-xM  
Hi @ all, Hi Dennis

I have a problem which is really easy to solve I think, but at the moment it is like I am standing before a wall :)

I have a svg image displayed on a screen with my beagleboard. When I made the program on QtCreator the image was 
displayed correctly. After translating and transfering this qt program to the beagleboard, the image was slightly 
deformed. 
Can someone tell me how to adjust?  Or what the resolution is to adjust to?
I use this demo ( http://community.qnx.com/sf/discussion/do/listPosts/projects.qt/discussion.general.topc20735 ) as 
basis for running qt on qnx.

I already tried to:
Set different resolutions for my QGraphicsView (800x600; 1280x1024) but this didn´t help. 800x600 was the best I found,
 but the image is still deformed and other animated images are moving around different points.
Re: Resolution Beagleboard-xM  
Mistake above: I set the scene to 800x600, not the view.

And I don´t know if this helps, but the image (a circle) looks like squeezed from the top and bottom and pulled from 
left and right
This is all about aspect ratio.  What is your screen, 16:9  or 4:3 ???

If you are displaying 800x600 (4:3) on 16:9 monitor, the "x" will be stretched to fill the screen, flattening the circle
 from the top.
Yeah, you are right X)

My screen is 16:9 ..
I found the option to set the widescreen-option and now it is displayed correct.
As I said, it was a stupid problem^^ Thx dennis!!

Now another question (result from the solved problem):

For rotating another image in this image, i am putting a svg-image into an additional class, setting the transform 
origin point and setting the other image as parent of this new class.
Now this image is smaller (in comparison to the circle) as it was on my host and I had to move the transformOriginPoint.

Of course, I can adjust these by Hand everytime I change the program, but it would be nice if it stays the same. 

Do you have an idea, what the problem could be? 

The Consructor looks like this:

FrontPicture::FrontPicture(QGraphicsItem *parent, int stil)
    : QGraphicsObject(parent), function(stil), design(0)
{
    renderer = new QSvgRenderer(QString(QCoreApplication::applicationDirPath() + "/picture/picture1.svg"));
    picture = new QGraphicsSvgItem(this);

picture->setSharedRenderer(renderer);
    picture->setScale(0.227);
    //picture->setScale(0.145);                                //original setting from windows host
    //picture->setTransformOriginPoint(-16,-10);    //original setting from windows host
    picture->setTransformOriginPoint(-25,-58);

setPicture();
}
Don't know for sure, but something to try.

If you take fixed rectrangle (long size horizontal) it must either be "clipped" or "shrunk" when you rotate it.  Perhaps
 in your case, the class is "shrinking to fit" in a bounding rectangle?