Project Home
Project Home
Wiki
Wiki
Discussion Forums
Discussions
Project Information
Project Info
Forum Topic - Problem with qtEasy-example on QNX 6.5: (12 Items)

Problem with qtEasy-example on QNX 6.5  
Hello

I have tried to build the cEasy example on a self-hosted QNX 6.5 development environment. 
For this I used:
http://community.qnx.com/sf/discussion/do/listPosts/projects.qt/discussion.general.topc20245
and followed the instructions given in the pdf.
I use Windows 8 as Host and for the self-hosted machine VMWarePlayer.

When I try to execute step5 on page 7 (# ./cEasy -qws) then I get the following output (and error):

>>QQnxScreen: Attached to Device, number of displays: 1
>>QQnxScreen: Attached to Display 0, resolution 1024x768, refresh 60 Hz
>>QQnxScreen: gf_layer_attach(0) failed with error code 8
>>qnx: driver cannot connect
>>Abort (core dumped)

It cannot connect to my display? 
what could I do? installing another driver?
------------------------------------
And a second question:
If I get the binary for a Qt Project with  the method from above or wtih this method:
http://community.qnx.com/sf/discussion/do/listPosts/projects.qt/discussion.general.topc21459

What am I supposed to do with the binary if I want to get this project/program working on a Beagleboard-xM?
I found this example:
http://community.qnx.com/sf/discussion/do/listPosts/projects.qt/discussion.general.topc20735

and this is working well, but what should I do if I want to start with the original bsp?
I also found in the resulting bin order other qt program binaries with different size?? Where do I get these?
 I want to understand the process but I cannot find documents for this kind of topic (including project binaries in a 
bsp). Does someone know good documents (maybe if you have worked on a similar project).

I hope you/someone can help, so that I can finally start to make my own programm on my Beagleboard-xM with Qt (Ihave so 
much ideas...)  :D
Re: Problem with qtEasy-example on QNX 6.5  
There is only one layer (according to the output) and I suppose Photon is occupying it.

Try logout of photon to text mode before you execute the cEasy command line.
hmm .. the interesting thing is that i cannot exit Photon to go into a textmode..
If I shutdown photon, I come the login window.
Do I have a wrong installation or setting? I installed qnxsdp-6.5.0-201007091524-dvd.iso in VMWarePlayer and use the 
superuser account. No other settings made besides time and date ( and the mentioned steps for qt)
>>>If I shutdown photon, I come the login window.
The login window is textmode, no?

Login and type the Qt command line.
No, the login is a nice looking picture where i can use my mouse to select the users or click some buttons
I added a picture of the login screen.
Attachment: Image login_qnx.jpg 89.92 KB
RE: Problem with qtEasy-example on QNX 6.5  
Click on the shutdown option on that screen, and choose exit to text mode. 

-----Original Message-----
Sent: April-02-13 4:58 PM
To: general-qt
Subject: Re: Problem with qtEasy-example on QNX 6.5

No, the login is a nice looking picture where i can use my mouse to select the users or click some buttons I added a 
picture of the login screen.

Qt General
http://community.qnx.com/sf/go/post100282
To cancel your subscription to this discussion, please e-mail general-qt-unsubscribe@community.qnx.com
Re: RE: Problem with qtEasy-example on QNX 6.5  
Well.. I didn´t see that..

Head -> table -> table -> table

Thx! I will try this tomorrow and post here again then.

n8
Now it is running :)

can I use this cEasy binary for BBxM?

Does someony have an idea about my other question form the first post?
>>>if I want to get this project/program working on a Beagleboard-xM?
>>>...what should I do if I want to start with the original bsp?

You need to make sure the armle-v7 libraries from "qt_qnx_2011-02-24b.zip'
found at http://community.qnx.com/sf/frs/do/viewRelease/projects.qt/frs.binpkg.targets
are installed on your target - either on an SDcard you mount, or put them in your .ifs build in Momentics.  The model 
system you referenced puts the libraries on the SDcard and uses only a small .ifs for booting - similar to the base BSP 
ifs.

>>>I also found in the resulting bin order other qt program binaries with different size?? 
If you are talking about Qt libraries, the reason is that the example image probably uses Qt 4.8.2 instead of 4.71 as 
posted on Foundry27.  You can build the newer binaries from the main Qt repository.
>>>can I use this cEasy binary for BBxM?
No.  It would need to be re-compiled using the BB native tools.
Hi Dennis,

first of all thanks for the answer.

>>You need to make sure the armle-v7 libraries from "qt_qnx_2011-02-24b.zip'
>>found at http://community.qnx.com/sf/frs/do/viewRelease/projects.qt/frs.binpkg.targets
>>are installed on your target - either on an SDcard you mount, or put them in your .ifs build in Momentics.  The model 

>>system you referenced puts the libraries on the SDcard and uses only a small .ifs for booting - similar to the base 
BSP 
>>ifs.
With this you mean that i have to put the libraries on the sd-card and refer in the BBxM-buildscript to this libraries/
install them at start-up?
Can you give me the buildfile for the sd-example for reference? 
At the moment i am reading the "QNX Neutrino Realtime Operating System - Building Embedded Systems" for a better 
understanding in working with bsp´s and QNX and (i hope) in combination with the buildfile i can understand this better
----------------------------
>>>>>can I use this cEasy binary for BBxM?
>>No.  It would need to be re-compiled using the BB native tools.

Sorry that I have to ask this, but what do mean by "BB native tools"? I searched in the internet for this, but i can´t 
fully grasp the meaning..  this is more a language problem.. i am not soo bad in english ( I think), but I don´t get 
this one..