Project Home
Project Home
Wiki
Wiki
Discussion Forums
Discussions
Project Information
Project Info
Forum Topic - getting started with Qt 4.8.1: (7 Items)

getting started with Qt 4.8.1  
I downloaded the src (qt-everywhere-opensource-src-4.8.1.tar.gz). Unpacking this, or the .zip, on Windows leads to 
problems, probably because of symlinks. So I installed a Linux and unpacked it. Then I did:

./configure -xplatform qws/qnx-arm-g++ -embedded arm -no-gfx-linuxfb -no-mouse-linuxtp -no-kbd-tty -no-qt3support -qt-
gfx-qnx -qt-mouse-qnx -qt-kbd-qnx -no-exceptions

make

make install

and it worked pretty well. Under /usr/local/Trolltech/QtEmbedded-4.8.1-arm now is a lot of stuff. I assume I primarily 
need what's in "lib", to deploy on my QNX target.

However, how can I now work with the generated libraries under Windows? It seems a QNX-specific "qmake" is needed. On my
 Linux machine, it seems to exist under "bin" - but for Linux ofcourse, not Windows. Am I stuck with Linux now?

- Malte
RE: getting started with Qt 4.8.1  
>>> how can I now work with the generated libraries under Windows? It seems a QNX-specific "qmake" is needed. 
Not true.  

Qmake.exe is generic with regard to binaries it can produce.  The actual qnx-specific info is provided to qmake.exe on 
the command-line by qmake_qnx.bat.  I use the qmake.exe from qt_qnx_host_win32_x86.tar.gz contained in qt_qnx_2011-02-
24b.zip.  Works for 4.7 or 4.8 in my experience.

>>> I primarily need what's in "lib", to deploy on my QNX target.
Actually usr/lib/libQt* to corresponding location on windows Momentics host.

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Wednesday, May 16, 2012 11:56 AM
To: general-qt
Subject: getting started with Qt 4.8.1

I downloaded the src (qt-everywhere-opensource-src-4.8.1.tar.gz). Unpacking this, or the .zip, on Windows leads to 
problems, probably because of symlinks. So I installed a Linux and unpacked it. Then I did:

./configure -xplatform qws/qnx-arm-g++ -embedded arm -no-gfx-linuxfb -no-mouse-linuxtp -no-kbd-tty -no-qt3support -qt-
gfx-qnx -qt-mouse-qnx -qt-kbd-qnx -no-exceptions

make

make install

and it worked pretty well. Under /usr/local/Trolltech/QtEmbedded-4.8.1-arm now is a lot of stuff. I assume I primarily 
need what's in "lib", to deploy on my QNX target.

However, how can I now work with the generated libraries under Windows? It seems a QNX-specific "qmake" is needed. On my
 Linux machine, it seems to exist under "bin" - but for Linux ofcourse, not Windows. Am I stuck with Linux now?

- Malte

Qt General
http://community.qnx.com/sf/go/post93130
To cancel your subscription to this discussion, please e-mail general-qt-unsubscribe@community.qnx.com
Re: RE: getting started with Qt 4.8.1  
Hi,

I am reanimating this topic because it fits^^

I tried to install qt4.8 for qnx on my linux machine with the help of the QBuild.pdf
But now at the step "Do the Build" something strange happened:

I tried 

"./configure -xplatform qws/qnx-arm-g++ -embedded arm -no-gfx-linuxfb -no-mouse-linuxtp -no-kbd-tty -no-qt3support -qt-
gfx-qnx -qt-mouse-qnx -qt-kbd-qnx -no-exceptions" 

with i386, arm and amv7 but everytime I get this error:

>>You have not explicitly asked to use pkg-config and are cross-compiling.
>>pkg-config will not be used to automatically query cflag/lib parameters for
>>dependencies
>>
>>
>>The target system byte order could not be detected!
>>Turn on verbose messaging (-v) to see the final report.
>>You can use the -little-endian or -big-endian switch to
.>>/configure to continue.

after adding -little-endian (because arm is little endian) it is going on, but why did I have this problem? 
(At the moment I am waiting for doing the next step "make")
before I forget:

I use Linux Mint 15 
Now I get the following error after doing "make":

>>In file included from ../../include/QtCore/../../src/corelib/global/qglobal.h:45,
>>                 from ../../include/QtCore/qglobal.h:1,
>>                 from global/qt_pch.h:52:
>>/opt/qnx650/host/linux/x86/usr/lib/gcc/arm-unknown-nto-qnx6.5.0/4.4.2/include/stddef.h:29:25: error: stddef.h: No such
 file or directory
>>In file included from /opt/qnx650/target/qnx6/usr/include/c++/4.4.2/bits/move.h:34,
>>                 from /opt/qnx650/target/qnx6/usr/include/c++/4.4.2/bits/stl_pair.h:60,
>>                 from /opt/qnx650/target/qnx6/usr/include/c++/4.4.2/utility:63,
>>                 from ../../include/QtCore/../../src/corelib/global/qglobal.h:855,
>>                 from ../../include/QtCore/qglobal.h:1,
>>                 from global/qt_pch.h:52:
>>/opt/qnx650/target/qnx6/usr/include/c++/4.4.2/cstddef:33: internal compiler error: Segmentation fault
>>Please submit a full bug report,
>>with preprocessed source if appropriate.
>>See <http://www.qnx.com>; for instructions.
>>make[1]: *** [.pch/release-shared-emb-arm/QtCore.gch/c++] Error 1
>>make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/dark/qt1/qt/src/corelib'
>>make: *** [sub-corelib-make_default-ordered] Error 2

Maybe I can add the missing file stddef.h, but I don know how I dould handle the second error with the segmentation 
fault..

Any idea? Help?
I haven't built this in quite a whille.  Don't know what the problem is.

If you want 4.8.2 libraries I built some time ago, you can try them from here:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/13676760/qt_rtlib_4.8.2_armv7.zip

How to use these?
Or better: where to extract this zip?

Into /opt/qnx650/target/qnx6  and then?

Thx for the lib!