Project Home
Project Home
Wiki
Wiki
Discussion Forums
Discussions
Project Information
Project Info
Forum Topic - Qt speedometer example: (3 Items)

Qt speedometer example  
The attached .zip file includes source code and assets for a speedometer simulation using Qt declarative.  It 
illustrates how to script custom gauges which can be driven by native QNX C++ code. 

Includes a Makefile and instructions for building the example via command-line on Windows-hosted Momentics.

PDF documentation and screenshot in next post. 
Attachment: Compressed file speedo.zip 370.68 KB
Re: Qt speedometer example  
Documentation...
Attachment: PDF QtSpeedo.pdf 512.2 KB
Re: Qt speedometer example performance issue  
NOTE regarding performance -

I did all my testing for this example on i.mx53QSB (armv7).  The SD card filesystem I was using had Qt 4.8.0 binaries 
installed.  The motion is smooth and there is a minimum of a few percent idle time reported.

When I reverted back to the 4.7.1 binaries, I discovered the example behaves very poorly!  With 4.7.1, the CPU 
requirement exceeds 100% so the motion is very jumpy!  Apparently, lots of improvements for the relatively "new" 
declarative model have gone into the baseline.

I have prepared a zipfile with the 4.8.0 runtime binaries and files to support speedo (and the other Qt examples I have 
posted).  Just apply the archive to the root of your runtime filesystem.  If the example utilizes .jpg images, you will 
need to "export QT_PLUGIN_PATH=/usr/lib/qt4/plugins" prior to starting the Qt binary.

The zipfile is: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/13676760/armv7-runtime-4.8.0.zip