Project Home
Project Home
Wiki
Wiki
Discussion Forums
Discussions
Project Information
Project Info
Forum Topic - Notes on building Qt 4.8.0 from the Nokia repository: (18 Items)

Notes on building Qt 4.8.0 from the Nokia repository  
The following pdf details using a Linux host to build Qt 4.8.0 for QNX from the repository, cross-comple Qt Creator 
applications, and deploy them on a QNX 6.5 embedded target.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/13676760/QtBuild.pdf
Re: Notes on building Qt 4.8.0 from the Nokia repository  
An archive of the applications discussed is here:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/13676760/apps.tar
Thanks for you tutorial.

Did you tested to build OpenGL module also?

Thanks
Baris
I did not test openGL.  Please share your results here if you do!  Thanks.
In the pdf associated with this thread, I described testing the 4.8.0 libraries on the i.mx53 "VGA" image.  Not only did
 the 4.8.0 libraries work, but intensive graphics used noticeably less CPU.

However, when I deploy the libraries on i.mx53 with LCD and touchscreen, the same applications are not usable.  The 
touchscreen only occasionally recognizes a touch and the CPU is completely consumed.  It seems that some code from the 4
.7.1 source did not get correctly ported to the Qt repository.

Since I have only tested on one "touch" platform, I suppose it could be platform-specfic - but be aware of this possible
 issue.
This app note:

has been updated for Qt repository version 4.8.2, reflecting some changes in the build process.
What is the the URL or the svn command to download Qt 4.8.2 for QNX ?

--Armin

> This app note:
> 
> http://dl.dropbox.com/u/13676760/QtBuild.pdf
> 
> has been updated for Qt repository version 4.8.2, reflecting some changes in 
> the build process.

Sorry, are you looking for pre-built?

To get source, AFAIK you have to use "git".

# git clone git://gitorious.org/qt/qt.git

Dennis,

sorry I didn't read your build documenation.
I'm just creatung a Linux installation of Momentics ...

Do you know the price (round about?) of a  pre-built version of digia?

--Armin

Dennis Kellly wrote:
> Sorry, are you looking for pre-built?

Is there one ?

>
> To get source, AFAIK you have to use "git".
>
> # git clone git://gitorious.org/qt/qt.git
>
>
>
>
>
> _______________________________________________
>
> Qt General
> http://community.qnx.com/sf/go/post94492
> To cancel your subscription to this discussion, please e-mail general-qt-unsubscribe@community.qnx.com
>

Hi Dennis,

that's the result of my fist trial to recompile Qt 4.8.2 following your build docs:

make[1]: Entering directory `/root/qt1/qt/src/gui'
ntox86-g++ -c -include .pch/release-shared/QtGui -pipe -O2 -fvisibility=hidden -fvisibility-inlines-hidden -Wall -W -
D_REENTRANT -fPIC -DQT_SHARED -DQT_BUILD_GUI_LIB -DQT_NO_USING_NAMESPACE -DQT_NO_CAST_TO_ASCII -DQT_ASCII_CAST_WARNINGS 
-DQT3_SUPPORT -DQT_MOC_COMPAT -DQT_USE_QSTRINGBUILDER -DQT_USE_BUNDLED_LIBPNG -DFT2_BUILD_LIBRARY -
DFT_CONFIG_OPTION_SYSTEM_ZLIB -DQT_NO_OPENTYPE -DQT_NO_STYLE_MAC -DQT_NO_STYLE_WINDOWSVISTA -DQT_NO_STYLE_WINDOWSXP -
DQT_NO_STYLE_WINDOWSCE -DQT_NO_STYLE_WINDOWSMOBILE -DQT_NO_STYLE_S60 -DQ_INTERNAL_QAPP_SRC -DQT_NO_DEBUG -DQT_CORE_LIB -
DQT_HAVE_MMX -DQT_HAVE_3DNOW -DQT_HAVE_SSE -DQT_HAVE_MMXEXT -DQT_HAVE_SSE2 -DQT_HAVE_SSE3 -DQT_HAVE_SSSE3 -
DQT_HAVE_SSE4_1 -DQT_HAVE_SSE4_2 -DQT_HAVE_AVX -D_LARGEFILE64_SOURCE -D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE -I../../mkspecs/qws/qnx-i386-g+
+ -I. -I../../include/QtCore -I../../include -I../../include/QtGui -I.rcc/release-shared -I../3rdparty/xorg -Iimage -I..
/3rdparty/libpng -I../3rdparty/freetype/builds/unix -I../3rdparty/freetype/src -I../3rdparty/freetype/include -I../
3rdparty/harfbuzz/src -Idialogs -I.moc/release-shared -I.uic/release-shared -o .obj/release-shared/qapplication.o kernel
/qapplication.cpp
In file included from ../../include/QtGui/private/qt_x11_p.h:1,
                 from kernel/qapplication.cpp:82:
../../include/QtGui/private/../../../src/gui/kernel/qt_x11_p.h:70:22: error: X11/Xlib.h: No such file or directory
../../include/QtGui/private/../../../src/gui/kernel/qt_x11_p.h:75:23: error: X11/Xutil.h: No such file or directory
../../include/QtGui/private/../../../src/gui/kernel/qt_x11_p.h:76:21: error: X11/Xos.h: No such file or directory
../../include/QtGui/private/../../../src/gui/kernel/qt_x11_p.h:91:23: error: X11/Xatom.h: No such file or directory
../../include/QtGui/private/../../../src/gui/kernel/qt_x11_p.h:98:36: error: X11/extensions/shape.h: No such file or 
directory
../../include/QtGui/private/../../../src/gui/kernel/qt_x11_p.h:103:37: error: X11/extensions/XInput.h: No such file or 
directory
../../include/QtGui/private/../../../src/gui/kernel/qt_x11_p.h:151:41: error: X11/extensions/Xinerama.h: No such file or
 directory
../../include/QtGui/private/../../../src/gui/kernel/qt_x11_p.h:158:37: error: X11/extensions/Xrandr.h: No such file or 
directory
../../include/QtGui/private/../../../src/gui/kernel/qt_x11_p.h:163:38: error: X11/extensions/Xrender.h: No such file or 
directory
../../include/QtGui/private/../../../src/gui/kernel/qt_x11_p.h:168:35: error: X11/extensions/sync.h: No such file or 
directory
../../include/QtGui/private/../../../src/gui/kernel/qt_x11_p.h:174:26: error: X11/XKBlib.h: No such file or directory
../../include/QtGui/private/../../../src/gui/kernel/qt_x11_p.h:218:33: error: X11/Xcursor/Xcursor.h: No such file or 
directory
../../include/QtGui/private/../../../src/gui/kernel/qt_x11_p.h:283:35: error: fontconfig/fontconfig.h: No such file or 
directory
../../include/QtGui/private/../../../src/gui/kernel/qt_x11_p.h:303:35: error: X11/extensions/XShm.h: No such file or 
directory
In file included from ../../include/QtGui/private/qt_x11_p.h:1,
                 from kernel/qapplication.cpp:82:
../../include/QtGui/private/../../../src/gui/kernel/qt_x11_p.h:208: error: ISO C++ forbids declaration of 'Bool' with no
 type

What's wrong ?

--Armin

I did not build x86 with the "latest", so I did a fresh "git".  I got the same error you found.  Seems unnecessary to 
build "x11" for x86 "embedded" but it does...

First I ran 
# apt-get install libx11-dev

which installed /usr/lib/X11/Xlib.h .. and I thought everything would work after that.

However, it is still ignoring this file even though it is installed in the standard location...
Dennis,

this is working: see the attachment

--Armin

Dennis Kellly wrote:
> I did not build x86 with the "latest", so I did a fresh "git".  I got the same error you found.  Seems unnecessary to 
build "x11" for x86 "embedded" but it does...
>
> First I ran
> # apt-get install libx11-dev
>
> which installed /usr/lib/X11/Xlib.h .. and I thought everything would work after that.
>
> However, it is still ignoring this file even though it is installed in the standard location...
>
>
>
>
> Qt General
> http://community.qnx.com/sf/go/post94532
> To cancel your subscription to this discussion, please e-mail general-qt-unsubscribe@community.qnx.com
>

Attachment: Text config.status 451 bytes
Thanks Armin for pointing out the error in the 16-Jul-12 version of the document!

I have made corrections and replaced the online version with a 31-Jul-12 version...

Dennis,

I have tested qtEasy and ran:

#
#export QWS_DISPLAY=qnx
#export QWS_KEYBOARD=qnx
#export QWS_MOUSE_PROTO=qnx
# cEasy -qws
QQnxScreen: Attached to Device, number of displays: 1
QQnxScreen: Attached to Display 0, resolution 1280x1024, refresh 60 Hz
QQnxMouseHandler: connected.
QWSQnxKeyboardHandler: connected.

The graphics is OK  ... but mouse and keyboard are not working.
Is this the expected result ?

--Armin

PS: ph works if started from the telnet session ...

Dennis Kellly wrote:
> Thanks Armin for pointing out the error in the 16-Jul-12 version of the document!
>
> I have made corrections and replaced the online version with a 31-Jul-12 version...
>
> http://dl.dropbox.com/u/13676760/QtBuild.pdf
>
>
>
>
> Qt General
> http://community.qnx.com/sf/go/post94548
>

You have to manually start the following as on p7.

/usr/photon/bin/devi-hid -Pr kbd mouse

When you run "ph" to start photon, devi-hid is started automatically  (in a different mode).  For Qt, you must start it 
yourself.

> You have to manually start the following as on p7.
> 
> /usr/photon/bin/devi-hid -Pr kbd mouse

Yes ... I did it, but within the telnet session --> but no success.

When I run  "/usr/photon/bin/devi-hid -Pr kbd mouse &" locally on the QNX 6.5 machine ALL is working!
That means  ALL in demos and examples :)

Thanks

--Armin

> 
> When you run "ph" to start photon, devi-hid is started automatically  (in a 
> different mode).  For Qt, you must start it yourself.
> 
> 
> 

Interesting,  "/usr/photon/bin/devi-hid -Pr kbd mouse &" did work for me from telnet.  (You do have to start the Qt app 
after you start devi-hid or it won't work...)

For me devi-hid is started in the bootscript - that works too.

Anyway, glad you got everything working!
Dennis Kellly wrote:
> Interesting,  "/usr/photon/bin/devi-hid -Pr kbd mouse &" did work for me from telnet.

Yes ... it works also for me. I started devi-hid as a "normal deamon" 
process and not as a background process :)

--Armin

> (You do have to start the Qt app after you start devi-hid or 
it won't work...)
>
> For me devi-hid is started in the bootscript - that works too.
>
> Anyway, glad you got everything working!
>
>
>
>
> Qt General
> http://community.qnx.com/sf/go/post94591
>