Project Home
Project Home
Wiki
Wiki
Discussion Forums
Discussions
Project Information
Project Info
Forum Topic - Vortex 86DX Net.r6040 link speed: (4 Items)

Vortex 86DX Net.r6040 link speed  
Dear QNX4 community,

i did some network perfomance tests on the Vortex 86DX chip using the Net.r6040 driver for the integrated ethernet part.

This works very well in 100Mbit/s mode with two systems back to back transferring large files from ram disk to ram disk.

The QNX version is 4.25.

But when forcing the driver to 10Mbit/s mode using the "-s10" option i still get 100Mbit/s as the perfomance is far 
above 10Mbit/s (e.g. 56Mbit/s in my setup) and the remote system still shows a 100Mbit/s link.

This is even more strange as the netinfo tool shows the desired speed.
“Net.r6040 –s10 –l2 &”:  "netinfo -l" says the link is 10Mb/s HDX
"Net.r6040 –l2 &":           "netinfo -l" says the link is 100Mb/s FDX 

I tried changing the speed online and also fixed in the sysconfig.5, reconnecting the network plug after a change and so
 on, but the problem always shows up.

Any idea or help on this is highly appreciated.

Best wishes

Frank
Re: Vortex 86DX Net.r6040 link speed  
Hi Frank,

It seems that R6040 driver for some reason doesn't set desired speed and duplex mode.
We'll look into this issue.

--
With best regards,
Vladimir Makhilev

> Dear QNX4 community,
> 
> i did some network perfomance tests on the Vortex 86DX chip using the Net.r6040 driver for the integrated ethernet 
part.
> This works very well in 100Mbit/s mode with two systems back to back transferring large files from ram disk to ram 
disk.
> The QNX version is 4.25.
> 
> But when forcing the driver to 10Mbit/s mode using the "-s10" option i still get 100Mbit/s as the perfomance is far 
above 10Mbit/s (e.g. 56Mbit/s in my setup) and the remote system still shows a 100Mbit/s link.
> 
> This is even more strange as the netinfo tool shows the desired speed.
> “Net.r6040 –s10 –l2 &”:  "netinfo -l" says the link is 10Mb/s HDX
> "Net.r6040 –l2 &":           "netinfo -l" says the link is 100Mb/s FDX 
> 
> I tried changing the speed online and also fixed in the sysconfig.5, reconnecting the network plug after a change and 
so on, but the problem always shows up.
> 
> Any idea or help on this is highly appreciated.
> 
> Best wishes
> 
> Frank
> 
> 
> 
> _______________________________________________
> 
> General
> http://community.qnx.com/sf/go/post111626
> To cancel your subscription to this discussion, please e-mail general-qnx4-unsubscribe@community.qnx.com
> 
Hi Frank,

Please try Net.r6040 driver from the attach. Speed and duplex mode settings should work now.

# cksum Net.r6040
4014220948 70995 Net.r6040

--
With best regards,
Vladimir Makhilev

> Dear QNX4 community,
> 
> i did some network perfomance tests on the Vortex 86DX chip using the Net.r6040 driver for the integrated ethernet 
part.
> This works very well in 100Mbit/s mode with two systems back to back transferring large files from ram disk to ram 
disk.
> The QNX version is 4.25.
> 
> But when forcing the driver to 10Mbit/s mode using the "-s10" option i still get 100Mbit/s as the perfomance is far 
> 
> This is even more strange as the netinfo tool shows the desired speed.
> “Net.r6040 –s10 –l2 &”:  "netinfo -l" says the link is 10Mb/s HDX
> "Net.r6040 –l2 &":           "netinfo -l" says the link is 100Mb/s FDX 
> 
> I tried changing the speed online and also fixed in the sysconfig.5, reconnecting the network plug after a change and 
so on, but the problem always shows up.
> 
> Any idea or help on this is highly appreciated.
> 
> Best wishes
> 
> Frank
> 
> 
> 
> _______________________________________________
> 
> General
> http://community.qnx.com/sf/go/post111626
> To cancel your subscription to this discussion, please e-mail general-qnx4-unsubscribe@community.qnx.com
> 
Attachment: Text Net.r6040 69.33 KB
Dear Vladimir,

many thanks for this fast support. I tried the new driver version and it now works as expected. Perfect!
For our needs the Vortex 86DX chip looks like a good solution for QNX4.25 with the integrated Ethernet and your network 
driver. 
We will now continue testing.

Best wishes

Frank