Documents
Documents
Wiki
Wiki
Discussion Forums
Discussions
Project Information
Project Info
Forum Topic - One more try ofqemu+Neutrino: (3 Items)

One more try ofqemu+Neutrino  
I haven't tried it for a while being discouraged after my first experiments with qemu0.9. Couple of days ago I opened 
qemu.org and found new release 0.10.2. Decided  to try once again. To streamline the way I decided to use Windows front 
end QEMU Manager 6 (dull UI  but saves time). Host OS Windows7RC1, guest -6.4.1M4. Maybe in contrast with frustration I 
felt after the first try now things seem to be much more positive:-).
Installation -good (just no problem, besides known issue with pci which can be easy fixed).
Networking - not bad. I had Internet immediately after the first reboot. To run debug session via qconn turned out to be
 a bit more complicated (just because of my stupidity :-) Not necessary to install tap any more.
Host disk space sharing - good (without problem I connected shared host folder as extra hard drive).
HID - not so good, but acceptable (or near that). Actually keyboard & mouse worked much better than before and than on 
SUN VM (just terrible experience). Feel a bit shame about that:-)
Performance. I didn't test it specially. At least system response fast enough to be  not annoying. I didn't used 
accelerator KQEMU. Computer Intel quad 6400 8gb ram, NVIDIA GeForce 8600 GT.
Graphics. I didn't find at the first glance any problem with Photon.

Conclusion. At last it can be used. Or sort of...
Re: One more try ofqemu+Neutrino  
If you use an updated bios.boot (from 6.4.0 or later) you shouldn't have an issue with pci-bios anymore.

See PR57626 for details...

Alex Chapiro wrote:
> I haven't tried it for a while being discouraged after my first experiments with qemu0.9. Couple of days ago I opened 
qemu.org and found new release 0.10.2. Decided  to try once again. To streamline the way I decided to use Windows front 
end QEMU Manager 6 (dull UI  but saves time). Host OS Windows7RC1, guest -6.4.1M4. Maybe in contrast with frustration I 
felt after the first try now things seem to be much more positive:-).
> Installation -good (just no problem, besides known issue with pci which can be easy fixed).
> Networking - not bad. I had Internet immediately after the first reboot. To run debug session via qconn turned out to 
be a bit more complicated (just because of my stupidity :-) Not necessary to install tap any more.
> Host disk space sharing - good (without problem I connected shared host folder as extra hard drive).
> HID - not so good, but acceptable (or near that). Actually keyboard & mouse worked much better than before and than on SUN VM (just terrible experience). Feel a bit shame about that:-)
> Performance. I didn't test it specially. At 
least system response fast enough to be  not annoying. I didn't used accelerator KQEMU. Computer Intel quad 6400 8gb ram
, NVIDIA GeForce 8600 GT.
> Graphics. I didn't find at the first glance any problem with Photon.
> 
> Conclusion. At last it can be used. Or sort of...
> 
> _______________________________________________
> General
> http://community.qnx.com/sf/go/post28082
> 

-- 
cburgess@qnx.com
Re: One more try ofqemu+Neutrino  
I used 6.4.1, so your changes should be there. Maybe I misinterpreted the connection failure and fixed the wrong cause. 
At the same time with "fixing" of pci problem, I changed Realtec 8139 to Ne2000. which probably helped. Maybe I'll try 
default boot in combination with Ne2000 to prove that it works.