Documents
Documents
Wiki
Wiki
Discussion Forums
Discussions
Project Information
Project Info
Forum Topic - Bootstrap missing?: (6 Items)

Bootstrap missing?  
Amy I looking in the wrong place, or is the bootstrap archive (to setup to download binary archives) missing? I don't 
see it under:

ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/pkgsrc/packages/QNX/i386/6.4.0_head_20081005
ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/pkgsrc/packages/QNX/i386/6.4.1_head_20090724
ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/pkgsrc/packages/QNX/i386/6.5.0_head_20100424

It was originally under 6.3.2, I think, and may not have made the jump to later versions.
Re: Bootstrap missing?  
On Fri, Jul 23, 2010 at 01:03:09PM -0400, Norton Allen wrote:
> Amy I looking in the wrong place, or is the bootstrap archive (to setup to download binary archives) missing? I don't 
see it under:
> 
> ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/pkgsrc/packages/QNX/i386/6.4.0_head_20081005
> ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/pkgsrc/packages/QNX/i386/6.4.1_head_20090724
> ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/pkgsrc/packages/QNX/i386/6.5.0_head_20100424
> 
> It was originally under 6.3.2, I think, and may not have made the jump to later versions.
> 

They seem to have been cleared out.  I think they must run a cron
job to remove vulnerable / unknown packages or something...

I've posted a 6.5.0 one here
http://community.qnx.com/sf/wiki/do/viewAttachment/projects.pkgsrc/wiki/BinaryPackages/6.5.0_bootstrap.tar.gz

Regards,

-seanb
Thanks!
Sean:

I'm also looking for the bootstrap binaries. The one I need is the 6.4.0 bootstrap. Ive tried the 6.5 by it has a memory
 error. 

Can you supply the 6.4.0 bootstrap?

Thanks,
Andy
Supplementary information:

Im porting applications for a 6.4.0 system. There are various dependencies that I would like to avoid porting, 
especially since there are binaries provided in pkgsrc. I'm trying to use bootstrap and pkg_add but having problems. 

The only bootstrap binary that I can see is that for 6.5.0. I download it and install (cd /; tar -zxvf etc ) and all 
looks ok. I set the PATH and CS_LIBPATH and PKG_PATH  However when I run pkg_info or pkg_add , I get  "Memory fault 
(core dumped)". 

Is there a version of bootstrap, specifically for 6.4.0 ? Or do I need to install the HEAD_640 and build it ? 

Thanks,
Andy

A bootstrap archive used to exist for 6.4 but. I don't know where it went. Probably easiest to build it yourself.

Regards,

-seanb

Sent from my BlackBerry 10 smartphone.
Sent: Tuesday, March 26, 2013 7:44 PM
To: pkginfo-pkgsrc
Reply To: pkginfo-pkgsrc@community.qnx.com
Subject: Re: Bootstrap missing?

Supplementary information:

Im porting applications for a 6.4.0 system. There are various dependencies that I would like to avoid porting, 
especially since there are binaries provided in pkgsrc. I'm trying to use bootstrap and pkg_add but having problems.

The only bootstrap binary that I can see is that for 6.5.0. I download it and install (cd /; tar -zxvf etc ) and all 
looks ok. I set the PATH and CS_LIBPATH and PKG_PATH However when I run pkg_info or pkg_add , I get "Memory fault (core 
dumped)".

Is there a version of bootstrap, specifically for 6.4.0 ? Or do I need to install the HEAD_640 and build it ?

Thanks,
Andy

PkgInfo
http://community.qnx.com/sf/go/post100188
To cancel your subscription to this discussion, please e-mail pkginfo-pkgsrc-unsubscribe@community.qnx.com
Attachment: HTML sf-attachment-mime11064 3.77 KB