03/29/2010 5:14 PM
FINALLY: xphoton for QNX 6.4.1 alpha - please test!
finally....! I got a running version of xphoton for modular-xorg-server. It took me some time to create the patch. Be
warned, this patch will kill your old xorg installation (if you had one running yet).
1. cd into your modular-xorg-server directory (e.g. cd /usr/ports/x11/modular-xorg-server)
2. "bmake clean" first, because I needed to change some things on the build environment
3. Delete your old Xorg installation if you have one (e.g. pkg_delete xorg-server-1.6.3)
4. Download the attachment and apply it on the directory (patch -p0 < xphoton-for-modular-xorg-server.patch)
6. bmake install
7. Run with Xphoton - the rootless X server will now run with many debug messages
8. Start xpdf in another console (tested), xmore (tested), xcalc or some other basic X applications
Have fun and please test it. The patch and the code are party hacked down but I did not have much more time. I hope
he're some interested people :-)