Jump to ID:
QNX Community pkgsrc Project

Project Home

Documents

Source Code

Discussions

Wiki

Project Info
Forum Topic - p7zip: (6 Items)
   
 
 
p7zip  
Here is a bin package for p7zip. Lives under archivers.

Attachment: Text p7zip-4.55.tgz 429.16 KB
Re: p7zip  
On Fri, Sep 28, 2007 at 02:34:36PM -0400, Mario Charest wrote:
> 
> Here is a bin package for p7zip. Lives under archivers.

We're kinda hesitant to accept binary packages.  Why
don't you request membership and I'll give you commit
privs :)

-seanb
Re: p7zip  
I had no change to do, it build right out of the box.

I can understand why you wouldn't want to accept binaries.  However I believe it's a good idea to make binaries easily 
available (maybe not? ).  Not everyone in the community would be willing to go through this pkgsrc stuff just to get 
p7zip for example.

Sean are you saying that QSS have no plan to make binaries available or just that you don't want to accept binaries from
 outsiders?



Re: p7zip  
On Fri, Sep 28, 2007 at 04:01:31PM -0400, Mario Charest wrote:
> I had no change to do, it build right out of the box.

If it just builds we'll add it to our build list internally.

> 
> I can understand why you wouldn't want to accept binaries.  However I
> believe it's a good idea to make binaries easily available (maybe not?
> ).  Not everyone in the community would be willing to go through this
> pkgsrc stuff just to get p7zip for example.
> 
> Sean are you saying that QSS have no plan to make binaries available or
> just that you don't want to accept binaries from outsiders?
> 

We have a download section in the project where a bunch are available.
This isn't ideal for the 'pkg_add' utility (expects ftp or straight
http) but we're working on that.

> 
> 
> 
> 
> _______________________________________________
> PkgInfo
> http://community.qnx.com/sf/go/post1694
Re: p7zip  
Can I get commit privilege ( and I can maybe work in wiki page ?, have no experience doing that )
Re: p7zip  
On Fri, Sep 28, 2007 at 04:02:28PM -0400, Mario Charest wrote:
> Can I get commit privilege ( and I can maybe work in wiki page ?, have
> no experience doing that )

I added you.

BTW if list 'All projects' from the Foundry27 home page
you can select the ones you want to request membership
in and the adminstrator will be notified.

Regards,

-seanb