Documents
Documents
Wiki
Wiki
Discussion Forums
Discussions
Project Information
Project Info
BroadcastCommunity.qnx.com will be offline from May 31 6:00pm until June 2 12:00AM for upcoming system upgrades. For more information please go to https://community.qnx.com/sf/discussion/do/listPosts/projects.bazaar/discussion.bazaar.topc28418
Forum Topic - Building Multimedia Apps in pkgsrc., and Oh Yes: Hello.: Page 1 of 5 (5 Items)

Building Multimedia Apps in pkgsrc., and Oh Yes: Hello.  
Neat.  Hey Hi Hello.
I'm used to FreeBSD / OpenBSD 'ports' collection as opposed to the pkgsrc collection used here in QNX.  My First "
difficult" build of course is the PKG "Mencoder"

I work with transcoders Like Telestream and Rhozet, and work with Open Source Transcoders to compare the content / 
quality of content in an open manner.

I also use mencoder and ffmpeg and x264 to transcode the AVC / MPEG4p10 content from my HD video camcorder when I fly 
Sailplanes (gliders)

Using QNX, and QNET (something oddly I used when I was 14-15 on the Unisys ICONs on ArcNet..) I want to see how 
difficult it would be to create a transcode cluster to divide and conquer the jobs in transcoding.

I also like QNX for the RT stuff, but I can't talk about that -- Vendors would get upset...  But I can say that the 
Instant-Up IPL is Wicked Cool!  :D

So I got a Slew of Packages installed (Quite similar to the OpenBSD boxes I have at home, and slowly but surely Working 
The Problem with x264 and getopt issues.

If anyone is interested in the pkgsrc/multimedia portion branch, I might have some insights, but would appreciate 
insights on the getopt_long issue in kind.

-sean
Attachment: Image SMK8.jpg 2.04 KB