Documents
Documents
Wiki
Wiki
Discussion Forums
Discussions
Project Information
Project Info
Forum Topic - Building Multimedia Apps in pkgsrc., and Oh Yes: Hello.: (5 Items)

Building Multimedia Apps in pkgsrc., and Oh Yes: Hello.  
Neat.  Hey Hi Hello.
I'm used to FreeBSD / OpenBSD 'ports' collection as opposed to the pkgsrc collection used here in QNX.  My First "
difficult" build of course is the PKG "Mencoder"

I work with transcoders Like Telestream and Rhozet, and work with Open Source Transcoders to compare the content / 
quality of content in an open manner.

I also use mencoder and ffmpeg and x264 to transcode the AVC / MPEG4p10 content from my HD video camcorder when I fly 
Sailplanes (gliders)

Using QNX, and QNET (something oddly I used when I was 14-15 on the Unisys ICONs on ArcNet..) I want to see how 
difficult it would be to create a transcode cluster to divide and conquer the jobs in transcoding.

I also like QNX for the RT stuff, but I can't talk about that -- Vendors would get upset...  But I can say that the 
Instant-Up IPL is Wicked Cool!  :D

So I got a Slew of Packages installed (Quite similar to the OpenBSD boxes I have at home, and slowly but surely Working 
The Problem with x264 and getopt issues.

If anyone is interested in the pkgsrc/multimedia portion branch, I might have some insights, but would appreciate 
insights on the getopt_long issue in kind.

-sean
Attachment: Image SMK8.jpg 2.04 KB
Re: Building Multimedia Apps in pkgsrc., and Oh Yes: Hello.  
Found an interesting.

Installed both libnbcompat, as well as libgetopt, and during the compile of the x264-devel, there was an 'undefined 
reference to `getopt_long'  that was only resolved after figuring out which library needed to be passed to the linker.

I used in config.mak

Under LDFLAGS=  I added 

-Wl,-R/usr/pkg/lib/libnbcompat.a

and it linked with no errors.

(I'm guessing that This is a Nasty Hack and I prolly have a broken x264 component, but it at least dit not stop the 
build...)

But if there is anyone with some insight as to how to do this correctly, then I'd take the advice.

-sincerely.

-sean  
On Fri, Sep 25, 2009 at 03:39:14PM -0400, Sean Kennedy wrote:
> Neat.  Hey Hi Hello.
> I'm used to FreeBSD / OpenBSD 'ports' collection as opposed to the pkgsrc collection used here in QNX.  My First "
difficult" build of course is the PKG "Mencoder"
> 
> I work with transcoders Like Telestream and Rhozet, and work with Open Source Transcoders to compare the content / 
quality of content in an open manner.
> 
> I also use mencoder and ffmpeg and x264 to transcode the AVC / MPEG4p10 content from my HD video camcorder when I fly 
Sailplanes (gliders)
> 
> 
> Using QNX, and QNET (something oddly I used when I was 14-15 on the Unisys ICONs on ArcNet..) I want to see how 
difficult it would be to create a transcode cluster to divide and conquer the jobs in transcoding.
> 
> I also like QNX for the RT stuff, but I can't talk about that -- Vendors would get upset...  But I can say that the 
Instant-Up IPL is Wicked Cool!  :D
> 
> 
> So I got a Slew of Packages installed (Quite similar to the OpenBSD boxes I have at home, and slowly but surely 
Working The Problem with x264 and getopt issues.
> 
> If anyone is interested in the pkgsrc/multimedia portion branch, I might have some insights, but would appreciate 
insights on the getopt_long issue in kind.

Welcome.  I hope your project(s) go well.

Try it now.  I just committed the attached diff
to the HEAD_641 branch.  You'll probably have to
re-install your libgetopt as well...

-seanb
Attachment: Text diff 4.67 KB
Read the Diff, that is a good insight as to what is going on.
A rebuild is a good idea considering my workaround. (ypres!)

Wont rebuild --yet-- due to working a missing libxvidcore.def on a file that is there.
That one has stumped me since it looks like a shell issue, but can't put my finger on it.

(Thanks seanb for the diffinfo.)
As it was, I decided to move off the free (but horrendous-ly noisy) server I was running Neutrino on, and moved to an 
8GB Flash USB thumb disk.

When running svn checkout, I kept running into the SVN closed connection error (Due to Apache timeouts) and was not 
getting anywhere fast, so I made use of the local hard disk (FAT32) to temp file the pkgsrc tree, and it now moved fine.

The SVN timeouts were due to the Slowness of the 8GB Flash USB thumbdisk.

I should know better, but for 19.99 for 8GB (Walmart Duracell) I'm not going to gripe about it...

I should be able to do the rebuild of the getopt bits again.

-sean