Documents
Documents
Wiki
Wiki
Discussion Forums
Discussions
Project Information
Project Info
Forum Topic - bootstrap with pkgsrc: (9 Items)

bootstrap with pkgsrc  
Hi,

I'm having difficulties when trying to bootstrap the recent pkgsrc. I've followed the instructions on how to build from 
source with pkgsrc (downloaded and installed QNX Utility Package for pkgsrc, set the environment, checked out the pkgsrc
/HEAD repository from qnx community portal, set the 3.3.5 version as default compiler) but when i'm trying to bootstrap 
(by ./bootstrap), I got the error: 

"WARNING: No /pkg-vulnerabilities file found.
WARNING: To fix run: `download-vulnerability-list'.
===> Configuring for gcc-2.95.3nb7
/bin/mkdir -p /root/HEAD/pkgsrc/bootstrap/work/wrk/lang/gcc/work/objdir
cd /root/HEAD/pkgsrc/bootstrap/work/wrk/lang/gcc/work/gcc-2.95.3 && contrib/egcs_update --touch
Invalid configuration `i386-pc-nto-qnx6.3.2': machine `i386-pc-nto' not recognized
Invalid configuration `i386-pc-nto-qnx6.3.2': machine `i386-pc-nto' not recognized
Unrecognized host system name i386-pc-nto-qnx6.3.2.
*** Error code 1

Stop.
bmake: stopped in /root/HEAD/pkgsrc/lang/gcc
*** Error code 1

Stop.
bmake: stopped in /root/HEAD/pkgsrc/lang/gcc
*** Error code 1

Stop.
bmake: stopped in /root/HEAD/pkgsrc/devel/bmake
===> exited with status 1
aborted."

As it was still using previous version of compiler. Anyway - the name of host is not recognized, i'm not sure where and 
how to set it correctly. 

Any help would be appreciated. 
Re: bootstrap with pkgsrc  
Looks as if you may have forgotten to set the default compiler (i.e. "qcc -V3.3.5,gcc_ntox86 -set-default").
Rennie,

Thank you for your reply. Thing is I've set the default compiler already 
(by the command you've written above). I have no idea what can be done 
here at this moment.

Lukasz.

Rennie Allen wrote:
> Looks as if you may have forgotten to set the default compiler (i.e. "qcc -V3.3.5,gcc_ntox86 -set-default").
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> General
> http://community.qnx.com/sf/go/post6276
>
>
>   
Not sure how to reply to Sean other than a post.   Yes, updating QNX.mk seems to have helped a lot.  There was some 
additional cleanup needed.   I ran "cleanup" in the bootstrap directory, although I don't know if that was required.   I
 also had to erase /var/db or I would get an error message with instructions for fixing that didn't work because 
pkg_delete had not been created yet.
> Not sure how to reply to Sean other than a post.   Yes, updating QNX.mk seems 
> to have helped a lot.  There was some additional cleanup needed.   I ran "
> cleanup" in the bootstrap directory, although I don't know if that was 
> required.   I also had to erase /var/db or I would get an error message with 
> instructions for fixing that didn't work because pkg_delete had not been 
> created yet.

I may have spoken too soon.   Bootstrap completed, but when I went to create figlet, it failed.   I get a whole bunch of
 messages that say

tar: attempt to write file figlet222/somefile that resolves into /fs/hd1-qnx4/usr/pkgsrc/HEAD/pkgsrc/misc/figlet/work/
figlet222/somefile outside current working directory /usr/pkgsrc/misc/figlet/work ignored.

I'm guessing this is because pkgsrc has out figured my link from /usr/pkgsrc to /fd/hd1-qnx4/usr/pkgsrc/HEAD/pkgsrc.   
That's pretty disappointing.  Maybe I will go ahead and just build a new QNX 6.3.2 disk with just pkgsrc on it.

Thanks a lot guys, from my side it looks fine already. bootstrap is sucessful, im able to bmake packages and they are 
listed in pkg_info. 

The only kind of error that shows when building package is "ERROR: IMAKE_MAININSTALL must be defined". But it doesnt 
stop installing it. 

Regards
On Mon, Mar 31, 2008 at 04:10:24AM -0400, Mitchell Schoenbrun wrote:
> > Not sure how to reply to Sean other than a post.   Yes, updating QNX.mk seems 
> > to have helped a lot.  There was some additional cleanup needed.   I ran "
> > cleanup" in the bootstrap directory, although I don't know if that was 
> > required.   I also had to erase /var/db or I would get an error message with 
> > instructions for fixing that didn't work because pkg_delete had not been 
> > created yet.
> 
> I may have spoken too soon.   Bootstrap completed, but when I went to create figlet, it failed.   I get a whole bunch 
of messages that say
> 
> tar: attempt to write file figlet222/somefile that resolves into /fs/hd1-qnx4/usr/pkgsrc/HEAD/pkgsrc/misc/figlet/work/
figlet222/somefile outside current working directory /usr/pkgsrc/misc/figlet/work ignored.
> 
> I'm guessing this is because pkgsrc has out figured my link from /usr/pkgsrc to /fd/hd1-qnx4/usr/pkgsrc/HEAD/pkgsrc.  

> That's pretty disappointing.  Maybe I will go ahead and just build a new QNX 6.3.2 disk with just pkgsrc on it.
> 

Yes, the NetBSD tar doesn't seem to like symlinks and / or procmgr
symlinks.  I haven't had a chance to look into it yet...

-seanb
> 
> Yes, the NetBSD tar doesn't seem to like symlinks and / or procmgr
> symlinks.  I haven't had a chance to look into it yet...
> 
> -seanb

See the thread on PR 18912, getcwd() in the
os review forum.

-seanb

> On Mon, Mar 31, 2008 at 04:10:24AM -0400, Mitchell Schoenbrun wrote:
> > > Not sure how to reply to Sean other than a post.   Yes, updating QNX.mk seems 
> > > to have helped a lot.  There was some additional cleanup needed.   I ran "
> > > cleanup" in the bootstrap directory, although I don't know if that was 
> > > required.   I also had to erase /var/db or I would get an error message with 
> > > instructions for fixing that didn't work because pkg_delete had not been 
> > > created yet.
> > 
> > I may have spoken too soon.   Bootstrap completed, but when I went to create figlet, it failed.   I get a whole 
bunch of messages that say
> > 
> > tar: attempt to write file figlet222/somefile that resolves into /fs/hd1-qnx4/usr/pkgsrc/HEAD/pkgsrc/misc/figlet/
work/figlet222/somefile outside current working directory /usr/pkgsrc/misc/figlet/work ignored.
> > 
> > I'm guessing this is because pkgsrc has out figured my link from /usr/pkgsrc to /fd/hd1-qnx4/usr/pkgsrc/HEAD/pkgsrc.

> > That's pretty disappointing.  Maybe I will go ahead and just build a new QNX 6.3.2 disk with just pkgsrc on it.
> > 
> 
> Yes, the NetBSD tar doesn't seem to like symlinks and / or procmgr
> symlinks.  I haven't had a chance to look into it yet...
> 

The workaround is as follows (not the best I know):
# cd $(fullpath .)

-seanb