Documents
Documents
Wiki
Wiki
Discussion Forums
Discussions
Project Information
Project Info
Forum Topic - Starting over with pkgsrc: (4 Items)

Starting over with pkgsrc  
My attention to pkgsrc has been sporadic, so I apologize if I've asked this question before.   At some point I decided 
to start over with pkgsrc.  It is so huge that I wanted to move it to a separate drive so that I could backup my own 
stuff more efficiently.   I deleted everything, downloaded the HEAD tree, followed all the instructions in the bootstrap
 document.   No matter what I do now, ./bootstrap fails.   I've been tearing my hair out over why.   Sometimes gcc2.95.?
? starts getting installed, for what reason I don't know.   Can someone tell me what I need to delete to start over?
Re: Starting over with pkgsrc  
Rennie,

Thanks, but nope.   Setting the compiler default was one of the first things I did.  I followed the startup 
instructions explicitly.
See, I really am tearing my hair out.   I think I have a new strategy
however.   I have a lot of available disks, and the computer I'm using
uses SCSI drives that plug in and out easily.   I'm thinking of just
creating a new installation of 6.3.2 and just using it for pkgsrc.

Mitchell

Its no use in tearing your hair out :). Probably I've very similar issue (http://community.qnx.com/sf/discussion/do/
listPosts/projects.pkgsrc/discussion.general.topc2322) and I've tried already with new QNX 6.3.2 installation just to 
test pkgsrc with it. 

Maybe the recent revision (as of 2008-03-26) of HEAD (it has only 3 days) is somehow broken? Is it working properly for 
others?
On Sun, Mar 30, 2008 at 01:50:49PM -0400, Lukasz Popowski wrote:
> Its no use in tearing your hair out :). Probably I've very similar issue (http://community.qnx.com/sf/discussion/do/
listPosts/projects.pkgsrc/discussion.general.topc2322) and I've tried already with new QNX 6.3.2 installation just to 
test pkgsrc with it. 
> 
> Maybe the recent revision (as of 2008-03-26) of HEAD (it has only 3 days) is somehow broken? Is it working properly 
for others?
> 

Can you both try updating HEAD/pkgsrc/mk/platform/QNX.mk ?

Thanks,

-seanb