Documents
Documents
Wiki
Wiki
Discussion Forums
Discussions
Project Information
Project Info
BroadcastCommunity.qnx.com will be offline from May 31 6:00pm until June 2 12:00AM for upcoming system upgrades. For more information please go to https://community.qnx.com/sf/discussion/do/listPosts/projects.bazaar/discussion.bazaar.topc28418
Forum Topic - strptime(): Page 1 of 12 (12 Items)

strptime()  
Following the instructions, I picked a package and tried to compile it.  In this case it was net/samba.  I want to use 
that as part of my development environment (edit in windows, sharing files from QNX) so it was the first part I needed 
(or maybe the second part - bash was first ;-)

Anyway, other than a few minor tweaks, I made good progress until I ran into their utilites which uses strptime() in a 
couple places.  From the usage, I assume it is the opposite of strftime() which we have. It appears to parse the time 
from a string into a struct *tm.

Anyway, how do we deal with this?  Do we have a way to work around it (have a QNX lib which has the missing functions in
 them?) or do add the function (assuming we can write it) to just the samba source?

Or is it just hiding somewhere and I don't have to do anything except change the link line to grab it out of an existing
 library?

Rick..