Project Home
Project Home
Wiki
Wiki
Discussion Forums
Discussions
Project Information
Project Info
BroadcastCommunity.qnx.com will be offline from May 31 6:00pm until June 2 12:00AM for upcoming system upgrades. For more information please go to https://community.qnx.com/sf/discussion/do/listPosts/projects.bazaar/discussion.bazaar.topc28418
Forum Topic - Capturing PPP packets with out port number: Page 1 of 13 (13 Items)

Capturing PPP packets with out port number  
Hi 

We have network consisting of three systems.

A - source 
B - acting as router
C - destination

Between A-B we have UDP running over ethernet. Between B-C we need PPP over serail port.

Once ppp server and client are estbalished between B and C the IP address of C will be sent to A. which means all three 
systems have defined IP, B will have 2 one on ehternet port and another for Serail port.

Now task is 

1. when A trasmit packet with destiantion IP address of C, B should capture that and channel it through Serail port over
 PPP protocol - for this we are planning to edit routing table of A so that for packets destianted toward C, B will act 
as router. i.e from A the next hop for packets realted to C will be B - let me your comments

2. C is a third party system we dont have any control on it expect assignning IP, Initially we thought we will use 
socket progamming to tranmsit and receive paskets between B and C, but we dont have any data of port number of C. 

please let me know is there any way where i can capture raw packets destainted to an IP irrespective of port number. 
simialrly how to send a packets to an Ip with out using scoket program and Port number.

thanks
Ravi