Project Home
Project Home
Wiki
Wiki
Discussion Forums
Discussions
Project Information
Project Info
Forum Topic - pop3 client libs/source code?: (3 Items)

pop3 client libs/source code?  
I've got to build a custom POP3 client on top of Neutrino, and I haven't found much in the way of available POP3 client 
libraries/source code. It's completely possible that I'm just looking in the wrong places, so I thought I'd see what the
 folks here had to say on the topic...

So, any suggestions as to (free) POP3 client libs/source? I'd prefer source, but what programmer wouldn't?

Thanks All!

Mike
Re: pop3 client libs/source code?  
The c-client lib that Pine uses handles pop and imap (among others)

The newer (and maintained) alpine would also have support in there, I believe.

Colin

Mike Zinni wrote:
> I've got to build a custom POP3 client on top of Neutrino, and I haven't found much in the way of available POP3 
client libraries/source code. It's completely possible that I'm just looking in the wrong places, so I thought I'd see 
what the folks here had to say on the topic...
> 
> So, any suggestions as to (free) POP3 client libs/source? I'd prefer source, but what programmer wouldn't?
> 
> Thanks All!
> 
> Mike
> 
> _______________________________________________
> Technology
> http://community.qnx.com/sf/go/post12020
> 

-- 
cburgess@qnx.com
Re: pop3 client libs/source code?  
Mike Zinni wrote:
> I've got to build a custom POP3 client on top of Neutrino, and I haven't found much in the way of available POP3 
client libraries/source code. It's completely possible that I'm just looking in the wrong places, so I thought I'd see 
what the folks here had to say on the topic...
>
> So, any suggestions as to (free) POP3 client libs/source? I'd prefer source, but what programmer wouldn't?
>   
Have you looked at GNU mailutils?  One of the QNX developers was working
on that project once so it should work under Neutrino fairly painlessly.

Thomas

-- 
Thomas Fletcher
Crank Software Inc.
www.cranksoftware.com