Project Home
Project Home
Wiki
Wiki
Discussion Forums
Discussions
Project Information
Project Info
Forum Topic - A guest of hypervisor, how to get the physical status of ethernet interface?: (4 Items)

A guest of hypervisor, how to get the physical status of ethernet interface?  
Hi all:
I creat a hepervisor, and guest is andriod OS. When I unpulged network cable, the virtual network interface of guest is 
still carrier. I want to know guest how to get the physical status of network interface. Or, host (QNX OS) how get the 
physical status of network interface through interrupt  or blocking instead of polling, I think that is also feasible 
for the host to notify the guest.

Thanks in advance!
Zhao Hengyi
Re: A guest of hypervisor, how to get the physical status of ethernet interface?  
The guest virtual interface is just reporting its connection to the host virtual interface. The host physical interface 
is a completely separate interface and you would need to use some other unrelated mechanism to report its state to the 
guest.

If the host physical interface is only used by this guest and not by the host or any other guests, then you could do a 
passthrough of the hardware.
Re: A guest of hypervisor, how to get the physical status of ethernet interface?  
Thanks for your answer.
In my system, host need use the network interface, so can’t set up pass-through device, is there any other solution?
I think you are going to have to code your own solution, I haven't seen a generic solution.