Project Home
Project Home
Wiki
Wiki
Discussion Forums
Discussions
Project Information
Project Info
Forum Topic - Troubleshooting changes to packet with io-pkt: (2 Items)

Troubleshooting changes to packet with io-pkt  
I have a packet filter which modifies some incoming packet data, but that packet doesn't seem to then make its way 
through to lower layers. For example, if I bypass the logic in my input hook, and send a ping, I see the input and 
output hook triggered correctly. However, once I process the incoming packet, there is no outgoing reply. Is there any 
way to debug what goes on after my filter is finished, or see what system calls it makes after that to determine where 
the process seems to go awry?
Re: Troubleshooting changes to packet with io-pkt  
Check out 'netstat -pip', 'netstat -p icmp'.   Did you update the checksum?

Sent from my BlackBerry 10 smartphone on the Rogers network.
  Original Message
Sent: Friday, November 27, 2015 4:22 PM
To: technology-networking
Reply To: technology-networking@community.qnx.com
Subject: Troubleshooting changes to packet with io-pkt

I have a packet filter which modifies some incoming packet data, but that packet doesn't seem to then make its way 
through to lower layers. For example, if I bypass the logic in my input hook, and send a ping, I see the input and 
output hook triggered correctly. However, once I process the incoming packet, there is no outgoing reply. Is there any 
way to debug what goes on after my filter is finished, or see what system calls it makes after that to determine where 
the process seems to go awry?

Technology
http://community.qnx.com/sf/go/post115137
To cancel your subscription to this discussion, please e-mail technology-networking-unsubscribe@community.qnx.com