Project Home
Project Home
Wiki
Wiki
Discussion Forums
Discussions
Project Information
Project Info
BroadcastCommunity.qnx.com will be offline from May 31 6:00pm until June 2 12:00AM for upcoming system upgrades. For more information please go to https://community.qnx.com/sf/discussion/do/listPosts/projects.bazaar/discussion.bazaar.topc28418
Forum Topic - System hangs with "initSocket -247" message on the console: Page 1 of 3 (3 Items)

System hangs with "initSocket -247" message on the console  
hello all

I have a x86 platform running qnx 6.5.0:

$ uname -a
QNX myLSU 6.5.0 2012/06/20-13:50:45EDT x86pc x86

and io-pkt-v6-hc variant of io-pkt.

I need to mount/unmount several times a custom "devnp_" network driver into io-pkt (not a real hardware device driver, 
it will register a set of virtual interfaces for intercepting/injecting software-produced packets).
This has always worked fine (and still it does) under 6.4.1 qnx version.

Under qnx 6.5.0, I often get a system hang when mounting the devnp_ module into io-pkt: platform becomes unreachable via
 networking (ping does not get responses), and the local USB keyboard/console is not responding. Local monitor reports 
one or more messages saying:

initSocket -247

I noticed that often the same message appears on the console when I want to shutdown the system (shutdown -b), probably 
when the io-pkt process is killed.

The hang is not systematic, but it seems to me that it happens more often with io-pkt-v6-hc than with io-pkt-v4, and 
also more often with my devnp_ module left symbol-unstripped than when I strips symbols out of it ! (does it make any 
sense??)

So, my first question is: what does "initSocket -247" means and what should I start investigating on?

Is there some incompatibilities in network drivers binaries compiled under 6.4.1 devel env, when mounted against qnx 6.5
.0 io-pkt targets?

thanks
Davide