Project Home
Project Home
Wiki
Wiki
Discussion Forums
Discussions
Project Information
Project Info
Forum Topic - Debugging io-pkt pfil library using Momentics IDE : (5 Items)

Debugging io-pkt pfil library using Momentics IDE  
I am developing a io-pkt pfil library . I am mounting the .so into the io-pkt stack using "mount -T io-pkt /home/
libpacketfilter.so" . 

I am developing on Momentics IDE in a windows VM and it linked to a target QNX VM . 
I need to know how do I debug this library mounted in the io-pkt stack of the target Qnx Vm using Momentics IDE .

If remote debugging using IDE isnt possible , do I need to use gdb on the target Qnx Vm directly , if so how ?

Any pointers would be helpful .

Thanks
Re: Debugging io-pkt pfil library using Momentics IDE  
There's nothing specific to io-pkt in this scenario.  It's just
like debugging any other process remotely; however you normally
do that with the IDE.

-seanb

On Wed, May 28, 2014 at 04:53:59AM -0400, atish bhowmick wrote:
> I am developing a io-pkt pfil library . I am mounting the .so into the io-pkt stack using "mount -T io-pkt /home/
libpacketfilter.so" . 
> 
>  I am developing on Momentics IDE in a windows VM and it linked to a target QNX VM . 
> I need to know how do I debug this library mounted in the io-pkt stack of the target Qnx Vm using Momentics IDE .
> 
> If remote debugging using IDE isnt possible , do I need to use gdb on the target Qnx Vm directly , if so how ?
> 
> Any pointers would be helpful .
> 
> Thanks
> 
> 
> 
> _______________________________________________
> 
> Technology
> http://community.qnx.com/sf/go/post110501
> To cancel your subscription to this discussion, please e-mail technology-networking-unsubscribe@community.qnx.com
sorry i didn't comprehend what u said .For debugging an exe or library which that exe may load I have the source code of
 the program & library which I have coded and running on Qnx , in this case I dont have the source code of io-pkt , I 
only have the code of the pfil.so which I have written and mounting it into the io-pkt process . Now how do I attach the
 debugger to already running io-pkt process from the IDE , also how do i hit the breakpoints in my pfil.so when i mount 
it inside io-pkt . 
One thing that may help would be to run 2 copies of io-pkt on two different interfaces.

The first copy is started normally and qconn is run. This is your debugging connection.

The second copy is started with additional options "-i 1 -p tcpip prefix=/alt". You then need to mount your driver and 
lsm with "-Tio-pkt1", and any other commands to talk to this io-pkt need to have "SOCK=/alt" in the environment. This is
 now your copy of io-pkt being debugged.

sorry i didn't comprehend what u said .For debugging an exe or library which that exe may load I have the source code of
 the program & library which I have coded and running on Qnx , in this case I dont have the source code of io-pkt , I 
only have the code of the pfil.so which I have written and mounting it into the io-pkt process . Now how do I attach the
 debugger to io-pkt process from the IDE  and how do i hit the breakpoints in my pfil.so when i mount it inside io-pkt .