Project Home
Project Home
Wiki
Wiki
Discussion Forums
Discussions
Project Information
Project Info
Forum Topic - Configuring SLIP with io-pkt: (4 Items)

Configuring SLIP with io-pkt  
I know QNX 6.4.X supports PPP but does Neutrino also support SLIP as well? I have another embedded target that only 
supports SLIP and I would like to use the network stack over a serial link. How can I configure 6.4.X to use SLIP with 
the network stack. Are there any instructions available?

Re: Configuring SLIP with io-pkt  
I haven't heard about slIP since I FIRST starting trying to connect to an internet provider, back in about '94 - wow!  
After that nightmare I was
pretty impressed by ppp :-)

That said, I have no idea if io-pkt supports slIP, but I doubt it...

Glenn Schmottlach wrote:
> I know QNX 6.4.X supports PPP but does Neutrino also support SLIP as well? I have another embedded target that only 
supports SLIP and I would like to use the network stack over a serial link. How can I configure 6.4.X to use SLIP with 
the network stack. Are there any instructions available?
> 
> 
> 
> 
> 
> _______________________________________________
> 
> Technology
> http://community.qnx.com/sf/go/post43335
> 

-- 
cburgess@qnx.com
Re: Configuring SLIP with io-pkt  
I believe SLIP was supported at one time with QNX 4.5 and I wonder if it was moved to Neutrino. I know the regular BSD 
stack under Linux still supports SLIP. The other target (on the other side of the serial link) is actually a handset 
(phone) and running a full-blown PPPD is not an option in that environment. I was hoping SLIP would provide me with a 
simiplier, socket-based, point-to-point connection. The serial link in this case would be provided over Bluetooth via 
SPP (serial port profile). Has anyone ever tried this?
RE: Configuring SLIP with io-pkt  
For networking over bluetooth, go BNEP.

--
aboyd