Project Home
Project Home
Wiki
Wiki
Discussion Forums
Discussions
Project Information
Project Info
BroadcastCommunity.qnx.com will be offline from May 31 6:00pm until June 2 12:00AM for upcoming system upgrades. For more information please go to https://community.qnx.com/sf/discussion/do/listPosts/projects.bazaar/discussion.bazaar.topc28418
Forum Topic - Qnet configuration for Failover using Domain name resolver: Page 1 of 5 (5 Items)

Qnet configuration for Failover using Domain name resolver  
Please help me to solve a requirement to implement failover/loadbalancing among the QNX devices. 

For the QNX devices I am trying to do this feature, by setting up the QNet. The following comments are used, 

Machine -1(VM1)
1)#setconf _CS_HOSTNAME VM1 

#hostname
VM1                                                                        

2)#mount –Tio-pkt –o bind=en0,bind=en1,bind=en2,max_num_l4s=3 /lib/dll/lsm-qnet-so

Vi /proc/qnetstatus, shows that three slots are used. 

Machine -2(VM2)
1)#setconf _CS_HOSTNAME VM2

#hostname
VM2

2)#mount –Tio-pkt –o bind=en0,bind=en1,bind=en2,max_num_l4s=3 /lib/dll/lsm-qnet-so

Vi /proc/qnetstatus, shows that three slots are used.

3)#ls /net

VM1 VM2

Now these two nodes are to be addressed by using unique domain names, so that the following operation can be done even 
when one or two links (eg, en0 and en1) fails

In machine-2:
ping VM1.localdomain

In machine-1
ifconfig en0 down
ifconfig en1 down

I am expecting ping command in machine-1 to succeed, when both links en0 and en1 are down, with only en2 link up.

When I try to use “resolve=DNS” option and configure the respective /etc/hosts as below, I only recognizes the first 
entry. But the nodes are still available in /net directory 

192.168.16.1 VM1.localdomain VM1
192.168.16.2 VM2.localdomain VM2

192.168.17.1 VM1.localdomain VM1
192.168.17.2 VM2.localdomain VM2

Here the ping VM1 is mapped only to 192.168.16.1(en0). Once en0 fails, VM1 is expected to be mapped as 192.168.17.1(en1)

Please help me to configure the failover/loadbalancing options in QNX using QNet