07/20/2009 3:27 PM
FTP slows down when rx drop packets. Nagle for TCP/SWS
We encounter a FTP slowed down problem. Need help on this.
- FTP large file (>40M) transfer slows down significantly after a couple iterations.
The more transfer, the worse the transfer.
- When this happens, nicinfo shows, the Ethernet Driver (8572 TSEC) driver drops packets, the more it drops, the slower
the transfer. In some cases, FTP failed.
- The symptom looks like TCP SWS. Is the Nagle algorithm implemented in the io-pkt?
- I use MDI-AutoNegotiation and MDI_SetSpeedDuplex to control the TSEC. Any known problem with these routines.
- Any quick way to control the FTP/TCP for this problem?
Appreciated very much for a quick answer.