Project Home
Project Home
Wiki
Wiki
Discussion Forums
Discussions
Project Information
Project Info
Forum Topic - Phrelay Offset in OS Container: (1 Item)

Phrelay Offset in OS Container  
Hello All,

This problem exists under QNX 6.4.1 on an X86 system. The hardware for the client and the server were identical, so I 
don't believe it can be a problem with the incompatibility between the two machines.

I'm working on a program that has to display an image acquired from a camera and draw a line down the center. This works
 perfectly.

A second requirement for this program is that it has to display the image on a second QNX computer, so I felt the 
easiest way to do this is to run phrelay through inetd and use phditto with the -n /dev/photon so I can connect to the 
running instance of photon. Again, no problems with getting the phrelay/phditto connection going. I can see the screen 
and control everything.

However, the image which is contained in an OS container is shifted down and to the right, but the container is not 
changed.  The very funny thing is that the amount that it is shifted seem to be exactly the distance from the top left 
of the dialog (0,0) to the top left of the os container. It's as if this offset is applied through photon  The line that
 I draw down the center is shifted as well, depending on where the line is drawn in the code. The offending function 
seems to be PgDrawPhImage, if the line is drawn before this function is called, then the line is shifted with the image.

If it is called after the PgDrawPhImage is called, it is drawn on the center of the os container, but the image is 
still shifted. For fun I tried to change the position of the OS container to the top left of the dialog, and there was 
no shift on the image through the remote connection. Both image locations were now the same.

Attached is a sample program that should compile on any system. Inside of the tar are two screenshots that show the 
program running locally and through phrelay.

I have tested everything I can think of and I'm convinced it is a bug in phrelay or phditto

Thanks for your time,
Kevin Raymond

ps. This was originally posted under the momentics community support forum, but I think it is better suited for this 
forum. Sorry for double-posting
Attachment: Text test_phrelay.tgz 8.1 KB