Project Home
Project Home
Wiki
Wiki
Discussion Forums
Discussions
Project Information
Project Info
BroadcastCommunity.qnx.com will be offline from May 31 6:00pm until June 2 12:00AM for upcoming system upgrades. For more information please go to https://community.qnx.com/sf/discussion/do/listPosts/projects.bazaar/discussion.bazaar.topc28418
Forum Topic - How to retrieve PHY status, counter up/down to debug network issue: Page 1 of 11 (11 Items)

How to retrieve PHY status, counter up/down to debug network issue  
Hi all,

Currently, I have an issue of network controller eth0 that suddenly becomes non-responsive, cannot ping, no UDP/TCP. It 
disappears from network.

Our product is running on QNX(6.4). At the power up, after proper configuring stage, our product is sending UDP 
broadcasting packages to the network. Everything is fine. I saw UDP/TCP on the 
wireshark trace and I can ping the system within the network. Suddenly, it disappears from network. I cannot 
ping it, no more UDP/TCP showing on the wireshark. Instead remote machines sends ARP to the network. It can be fixed 
just be pull out the Ethernet cable and plug back in. I don't know what is causing it. it seems the network driver goes 
to some weird state. 

I would like to debug deeper on the network stack. How should I get the PHY status, counter up/down, etc?

Hope I can get some help from this site.

Thanks in advance..