Project Home
Project Home
Wiki
Wiki
Discussion Forums
Discussions
Project Information
Project Info
Forum Topic - TFTP not working in QNX 6.5: (6 Items)

TFTP not working in QNX 6.5  
Fellow Developers and Experts, I am facing the following problem while trying an TFTP connection from one QNX 6.5 
machine to another. The scenario is explained below,

Machine A - Running on QNX 6.5 - Acting as TFTP Server
Machine B - Running on QNX 6.5 - Acting as TFTP Client

The inetd.conf file on A contains the following entry for TFTP,
tftp       dgram  udp nowait root  /proc/boot/tftpd         in.tftpd -el

Also, after giving the "SOCK=/sock1 netstat -an" command I am able to see tftp server running on port number 69 on A.

Now after confirming the above things I give the following command on the console of B,
SOCK=/sock1 tftp -e 128.0.1.3
rexmt 1
timeout 10
get /dir_a/parse.log /dir_b/parse.log

But it always give the error saying "Transfer Timed Out". I have made sure that the source and destination directories 
are having read and write permissions.

Can anyone give me any pointers on what might be going wrong here ? ? ?
Any help is much appreciated.
Re: TFTP not working in QNX 6.5  
Try running a syslogd on machine A to capture the logging from tftpd and see what it reports.
Thanks for the pointer Nick but unfortunately the OS image that I am using does not have the syslogd daemon and I cannot
 change the image. Any other ideas ? ? ?
No need to change the entire image, just copy syslogd, the syslog.conf and an empty logfile to /dev/shmem and run it all
 from there.

It also may be useful to take a look at what the actual packets going back and forth on the wire are doing with 
wireshark.
Hey Nick thanks for your suggestions. After a lot of debugging I found out that the issue is not with the native TFTP 
package but it is with the package which supports ppcbe target (Power  PC) target. Any idea on how to resolve this or 
debug this further ?
I think you will need to raise this via your support channel and we will address it.