Project Home
Project Home
Wiki
Wiki
Discussion Forums
Discussions
Project Information
Project Info
Forum Topic - maximum number of concurrent connection requests that can handled via. TCP socket in QNX: (2 Items)

maximum number of concurrent connection requests that can handled via. TCP socket in QNX  
Hi,

I have a scenario in which I need to service a number of client TCP socket connections with a single TCP server socket 
application within a predefined time interval. These connections may occur concurrently. So, can anybody please tell me 
how many TCP connections can be made to a QNX server via TCP sockets from different QNX clients concurrently? I hope, 
the 'backlog' parameter of listen() socket API actually refer to the maximum length that the queue of pending 
connections may grow to. It seems the maximum value of this parameter is defined as 128 (SOMAXCONN) in socket.h. Does 
this really affect the number of concurrent connections that can be handled? Is it possible to change the maximum 
backlog to say, 512? 

Can anybody please provide more authentic information on this?

thanks
jipin
Re: maximum number of concurrent connection requests that can handled via. TCP socket in QNX  
On Fri, Apr 16, 2010 at 02:19:23AM -0400, jipin jose wrote:
> Hi,
> 
> I have a scenario in which I need to service a number of client TCP socket connections with a single TCP server socket
 application within a predefined time interval. These connections may occur concurrently. So, can anybody please tell me
 how many TCP connections can be made to a QNX server via TCP sockets from different QNX clients concurrently? I hope, 
the 'backlog' parameter of listen() socket API actually refer to the maximum length that the queue of pending 
connections may grow to. It seems the maximum value of this parameter is defined as 128 (SOMAXCONN) in socket.h. Does 
this really affect the number of concurrent connections that can be handled? Is it possible to change the maximum 
backlog to say, 512? 
> 
> Can anybody please provide more authentic information on this?

- The number of fds a process can have open is the -F option to proc.
- The number of sockets the stack can service is limited by memory.
- The number of blocking operations the stack can have pending at any
  point in time is limited by 'threads_max:

io-pkt -ptcpip threads_max=X

Regards,

-seanb