Project Home
Project Home
Wiki
Wiki
Discussion Forums
Discussions
Project Information
Project Info
Forum Topic - Network Lockup with RTL8111B Chipset: (1 Item)

Network Lockup with RTL8111B Chipset  
I'm working with a QNX system that has two GbE ports using an RTL8111B chipset. Intermittently we have a problems with 
one of the interfaces which stops sending and receiving (the one of the two with the most traffic). We're using the 
rtl8169 driver for the chip, which might be part of the problem, and some information suggests that the 8111B is 
troublesome anyway, but it will take a while (if actually possible at all) to get any new hardware.

When the lockup occurs, the only indication that anything is wrong (aside from the obvious ones) is that the OACTIVE 
flag is set on the affected interface in the output of ifconfig.

At this point we're looking into ways to replace our network hardware with a different chip, but this situation is 
causing problems with a testing system we have installed at a customer location, so I've been told to find a more 
immediate solution.

Maybe someone could offer some advice for ways to track down the problem better (so I could implement a workaround in 
software). Does anyone have experience with this sort of problem or with using the Realtek chipsets on QNX?

Thank you,
Reuben Bellika