Wiki
Wiki
Discussion Forums
Discussions
Project Information
Project Info
Forum Topic - npm-ttcpip: (4 Items)

npm-ttcpip  
Not sure if this is the right place to put this.
Sean, you'll definitely want to take a look at this and/or tell me "the right way"(tm) to go about this fix ...
I have attached a patch to net/npm/tcpip/utils.c
What was happening was: make crapped out because of a label at the end of a compound statement.
What I did was move the label further down, outside of the compound statement, but it *should* be in a place where the 
execution of all codepaths would remain unchanged (read: there's lots of if/else in that file).
Here ya go ...
Attachment: Text ttcpip.patch 348 bytes
Re: npm-ttcpip  
On Fri, Oct 31, 2008 at 10:35:05AM -0400, Aaron Cripps wrote:
> Not sure if this is the right place to put this.
> Sean, you'll definitely want to take a look at this and/or tell me "the right way"(tm) to go about this fix ...
> I have attached a patch to net/npm/tcpip/utils.c
> What was happening was: make crapped out because of a label at the end of a compound statement.
> What I did was move the label further down, outside of the compound statement, but it *should* be in a place where the
 execution of all codepaths would remain unchanged (read: there's lots of if/else in that file).
> Here ya go ...

That won't work as it now jumps past the mutex_unlock.
Moving the label just above the mutex_unlock is OK.

Guess you'll need a PR though :)

-seanb
I see I missed the fact that there was no opening curly brace on that "else" ... thanks Sean.
So, should I raise a PR for this, and then submit the fix, or does "the process" (tm) work differently than that?
On Mon, Nov 03, 2008 at 03:05:32PM -0500, Aaron Cripps wrote:
> I see I missed the fact that there was no opening curly brace on that "else" ... thanks Sean.
> So, should I raise a PR for this, and then submit the fix, or does "the process" (tm) work differently than that?

That's sufficient.  Just open a 'ttcpip vs gcc 4' PR or some such...

-seanb