Project Home
Project Home
Wiki
Wiki
Discussion Forums
Discussions
Project Information
Project Info
Forum Topic - Installing and running e1000 driver on QNX 6.5.0: (2 Items)

Installing and running e1000 driver on QNX 6.5.0  
I have a new x86 computer for an existing system.  I did a fresh install of 6.5.0 and then applied the SP 1 update.  
Everything appears to work except the NICs.  I see the NICs in the list of devices using pci -vvv.  The NICs show as 
8086:1533 and 8086:153a  These are the i210 and i217 chips.  I've tried several of the drivers from the internet and all
 except the original abort with a core dump when I do io-pkt-v4-hc -de1000.  Is there anything else I need to do other 
than installing 6.5.0, applying the SP1 update, and copying in the new driver to /lib/dll?  What is the latest driver?  
I did install a copy of 7.1 and it was able to see both NICs fine.  Am I missing something here?
Re: Installing and running e1000 driver on QNX 6.5.0  
QNX 6.5.x was End of Life in December 2022 https://www.blackberry.com/us/en/support/software-support-life-cycle

There were a number of updates of io-pkt and the drivers through the 6.5.x lifetime, so it looks like the newer drivers 
that you are finding are incompatible with the older io-pkt. If you can find a matched pair you may be able to make it 
work, but you are on your own with that.