Project Home
Project Home
Wiki
Wiki
Discussion Forums
Discussions
Project Information
Project Info
BroadcastCommunity.qnx.com will be offline from May 31 6:00pm until June 2 12:00AM for upcoming system upgrades. For more information please go to https://community.qnx.com/sf/discussion/do/listPosts/projects.bazaar/discussion.bazaar.topc28418
Forum Topic - io-pkt thread context nightmare: Page 1 of 8 (8 Items)

io-pkt thread context nightmare  
Hi, 

we are just porting out lsm-Modul, we developed based on the lsm.nraw sample years ago in the good old QNX 6.x times.
The Resource-Manager thread for our lsm-interface  is created with nw_pthread_create().
This thread is calling  ifp->if_ioctl() from time to time, to get the interface statistics.

Under QNX 7 this results in an io-.pkt panic, which is fired by nic_mutex_trylock(), called from the e1000 driver.
nic_mutex_trylock() tries to validate  the run context by checking the curlwp against proc0. If they are equal, we 
panic().

As I learnd until now, io-pkt seems to emulate half of the netbsd-kernel to run the BSD TCPIP stack.

My thread, generated by nw_pthread_create()  seems to be the wrong one for calling the  e1000 driver ioctl.
How do I get the correct thread context, to allow it.
pcreat(), kthread_create() , ...?

Do I loose performance, if my thread is part of this emulated NETBSD-scheduler ?

I am a bit confused. Please advice. 

Kind Regards
Michael