Project Home
Project Home
Wiki
Wiki
Discussion Forums
Discussions
Project Information
Project Info
Forum Topic - devnp-ravb leading to kernal fault: (6 Items)

devnp-ravb leading to kernal fault  
Hello,

I am using QNX 7.0 on an RCar-H3 starter kit. I got the bsp from the QNX software center. I am currently exploring the 
possibilities of AVB on QNX since I was successful to have it working on the same hardware with Linux.

I noticed that a pre-built devnp-ravb driver was already part of the bsp and is functional for legacy ethernet traffic. 
I built devnp-ravb driver source code with some debug statements. I load it with io-pkt and when i try to bring up the 
interface, there is a kernel fault with the below backtrace and a reboot.

Shutdown[0,0] S/C/F=8/9/9 C/D=ffffff80600484d8/ffffff8060102680 state(1)= 1
QNX Version 7.0.0 Release 2017/02/14-16:05:38EST KSB:ffffff808304c000
$URL: http://svn.ott.qnx.com/product/branches/7.0.0/trunk/services/system/ker/timestamp.c $
[0]PID-TID=1-1? P/T FL=08019001/0c000000 "proc/boot/procnto-smp-instr"
[0]ASPACE PID=213022 PF=08401010 "proc/boot/io-pkt-v6-hc"

I am having doubts whether the delivered source code actually works or is more of a reference. Also the size of the 
prebuilt driver(68kB) is way less than the one i manually built(365kB)(Maybe because i did not strip it). Can anyone 
help me out with this? Is there also a guide which can help me with the driver's APIs?

Thanks,
Amit 
Re: devnp-ravb leading to kernal fault  
Did you put debug statements in the ISR? AFAIK, the ravb driver is a working driver.

On 2019-04-05, 3:19 AM, "Amit Walvekar" <community-noreply@qnx.com> wrote:

Hello,

I am using QNX 7.0 on an RCar-H3 starter kit. I got the bsp from the QNX software center. I am currently exploring 
the possibilities of AVB on QNX since I was successful to have it working on the same hardware with Linux.

I noticed that a pre-built devnp-ravb driver was already part of the bsp and is functional for legacy ethernet 
traffic. I built devnp-ravb driver source code with some debug statements. I load it with io-pkt and when i try to bring
 up the interface, there is a kernel fault with the below backtrace and a reboot.

Shutdown[0,0] S/C/F=8/9/9 C/D=ffffff80600484d8/ffffff8060102680 state(1)= 1
    QNX Version 7.0.0 Release 2017/02/14-16:05:38EST KSB:ffffff808304c000
    $URL: http://svn.ott.qnx.com/product/branches/7.0.0/trunk/services/system/ker/timestamp.c $
    [0]PID-TID=1-1? P/T FL=08019001/0c000000 "proc/boot/procnto-smp-instr"
    [0]ASPACE PID=213022 PF=08401010 "proc/boot/io-pkt-v6-hc"

I am having doubts whether the delivered source code actually works or is more of a reference. Also the size of the 
prebuilt driver(68kB) is way less than the one i manually built(365kB)(Maybe because i did not strip it). Can anyone 
help me out with this? Is there also a guide which can help me with the driver's APIs?

Thanks,
    Amit 

Networking Drivers
    http://community.qnx.com/sf/go/post119631
    To cancel your subscription to this discussion, please e-mail drivers-networking-unsubscribe@community.qnx.com

Hello,

You were right. I had slog2 statements inside the ISR. I removed them and it is working fine. Any idea why the log 
statements caused the issue?
If you look at the documentation for slog2, you will see that it isn't interrupt safe.

On 2019-04-08, 5:01 AM, "Amit Walvekar" <community-noreply@qnx.com> wrote:

Hello,

You were right. I had slog2 statements inside the ISR. I removed them and it is working fine. Any idea why the log 
statements caused the issue?

Networking Drivers
    http://community.qnx.com/sf/go/post119634
    To cancel your subscription to this discussion, please e-mail drivers-networking-unsubscribe@community.qnx.com

I see. Thanks for the info really helped me out. Btw, is the a PTP daemon also provided? i noticed a couple of them, "
ptpd" and "ptpd-avb". I cannot seem to get them working.

Error: can't open /var/run/kernel_clock: Bad file descriptor.

Is there any user guide?
There is documentation for ptpd and ptpd-avb in the SDP7 utilities documentation.

On 2019-04-08, 8:28 AM, "Amit Walvekar" <community-noreply@qnx.com> wrote:

I see. Thanks for the info really helped me out. Btw, is the a PTP daemon also provided? i noticed a couple of them,
 "ptpd" and "ptpd-avb". I cannot seem to get them working.

Error: can't open /var/run/kernel_clock: Bad file descriptor.

Is there any user guide?

Networking Drivers
    http://community.qnx.com/sf/go/post119637