Project Home
Project Home
Wiki
Wiki
Discussion Forums
Discussions
Project Information
Project Info
Forum Topic - Re: QNX 7 E1000 Driver Very Slow Sending Only: (1 Item)

Re: QNX 7 E1000 Driver Very Slow Sending Only  
Good news! Glad it is working for you.
Nicinfo only displays hardware errors, so you need to run netstat to see TCP/UDP problems.

Hugh.

On 2018-01-22, 6:02 PM, "Tim Sowden(deleted)" <community-noreply@qnx.com> wrote:

> Seeing a lot of TCP retransmit timeouts & ICMP errors -- have you got a really
    >  congested link or flapping port between the 2 hosts (possible bad 
switchport 
    > or cable)?
    > 
    > Under TCP stats:
    > tim:   4616 retransmit timeouts
    > tim1:  4616 retransmit timeouts
    > tim2:  4702 retransmit timeouts
    > 
    > Under ICMP stats:
    > tim:  261737 calls to icmp_error
    >             destination unreachable:  261737
    > tim1:  261748 calls to icmp_error
    >             destination unreachable:  261748
    > tim2:  261933 calls to icmp_error
    >             destination unreachable:  261933
    > 
    > 

The computers are all located in a lab with no outside access (closed network) so there is very little traffic.

I swapped Ethernet cables on the chance it might have been a bad cable I used but that made no difference. I was *
this* close to writing back when I decided to switch ports on the Netgear router. I hadn't done that prior because I had
 plugged into a port that was being used by another computer in our lab so I *knew* it was good.

Of course the instant I plugged into another port everything started working in both directions. So the port must 
have been degraded after all and just no one has noticed because they haven't transferred any large amount of data in 
the bad direction on the prior machine that was plugged in there!

One final question though. I swore prior versions of QNX showed these types of hardware issues in Nicinfo which was 
the first place I went when I was having problems. The fact there were no errors reported there made me think it was a 
configuration issue vs a hardware one.

Thanks for all your help,

Tim

Networking Drivers
    http://community.qnx.com/sf/go/post118432
    To cancel your subscription to this discussion, please e-mail drivers-networking-unsubscribe@community.qnx.com