Project Home
Project Home
Wiki
Wiki
Discussion Forums
Discussions
Project Information
Project Info
Forum Topic - devnp mx51 mx53 driver packet loss: (3 Items)

devnp mx51 mx53 driver packet loss  
Hi,

I am experiencing packet loss problems with ping. I do the following immediately after boot...

io-pkt-v4 -i1 -d mx53 mac=00049fcc9ab5
ifconfig fec0 192.168.128.161
ping 192.168.128.1

ping reports 4% packet loss. I have a PC connected to the board with an ethernet cable. Each end has a static ip address

I have used verbose=10 and can see that all ICMP echo request packets are being transmitted correctly (packet is dumped)
. The FEC mib counters indicate the correct number of packets as well. There are no errors shown with nicinfo. Also 
looked the FEC registers themselves - no errors. Turned on and logged error interrupts - no errors. Also used tcpdump to
 verify transmitted packets.

Using a packet sniffer at a PC I can see successful ICMP echo request packets received for which an echo response is 
returned. The board receives every ICMP echo response sent by the PC.

Also at the PC I see packets grouped as non-IP packets. There is a non-IP packet for every missing ICMP echo request 
packet sent.

I have also slayed virtually every other process that I can and tried increasing the driver thread priority. Also tried 
same cable and PC setup with asix usb network driver successfully.

My investigation indicates that the transmit packets are being corrupted. Before I start looking for hardware issues I 
thought I would check if my minimal setup is adequate.

Do I need to configure anything else for a basic ping? I guessnot as this is all I do when using the asix driver.

Anyone using the devnp mx51 or mx53 driver succesfully or experienced similar issues?

I also modified the driver to use MII mode (instead of RMII mode). One line change.

Thanks in advance for any help.
Simon
Re: devnp mx51 mx53 driver packet loss  
Any idea what might be corrupted about the transmit packets?
Re: devnp mx51 mx53 driver packet loss  
> Any idea what might be corrupted about the transmit packets?

At the PC where I am expecting an ICMP echo packet I get as follows:
Frame header
	Destination address = 000028f41b00
	Source address = 000000000000
	Data Length = 0
LLC Header
	DSAP = 0x000
	SSAP = 0x000
	Control Field = 0x0

All the packets I consider corrupt are the same but with different values for the destination address.