Project Home
Project Home
Wiki
Wiki
Discussion Forums
Discussions
Project Information
Project Info
Forum Topic - BPF unicast MAC address issue: (2 Items)

BPF unicast MAC address issue  
Hello, 

I am using p1020 bsp and I am using BPF techniques to send the raw ethernet packets. I have two P1020 directly connected
. If i send a custom raw ethernet packet with the ethernet mac address from one board to another with destination as MAC
 address of second board ethernet port, the packets were not getting transmitted from first p1020 ethernet port. 

At the same time, all multicast messages and some other mac addresses which is not of those two ethernet ports are sent 
without issues. the problem is only with unicast mac address as destination which is there in the network. 

Is there any configuration need to be done to io-pkt for the same?

Please guide me to solve this problem. 

Thanks.
Re: BPF unicast MAC address issue  
I will address your questions via the support ticket you opened (ref# 
00123260).

On 02/05/2013 05:32 AM, Santhosh A wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am using p1020 bsp and I am using BPF techniques to send the raw ethernet packets. I have two P1020 directly 
connected. If i send a custom raw ethernet packet with the ethernet mac address from one board to another with 
destination as MAC address of second board ethernet port, the packets were not getting transmitted from first p1020 
ethernet port.
>
> At the same time, all multicast messages and some other mac addresses which is not of those two ethernet ports are 
sent without issues. the problem is only with unicast mac address as destination which is there in the network.
>
> Is there any configuration need to be done to io-pkt for the same?
>
> Please guide me to solve this problem.
>
> Thanks.
>
>
>
> _______________________________________________
>
> Networking Drivers
> http://community.qnx.com/sf/go/post99059
> To cancel your subscription to this discussion, please e-mail drivers-networking-unsubscribe@community.qnx.com