Project Home
Project Home
Wiki
Wiki
Discussion Forums
Discussions
Project Information
Project Info
Forum Topic - running second instance of io-pkt in 6.5.0 gets the default interface down: (3 Items)

running second instance of io-pkt in 6.5.0 gets the default interface down  
Hi,

I'm trying to load a USB network dongle on x86 machine running QNX 6.5.0 SDP.
when I try to load the USB dongle driver using the io-pkt, the default  ethernet interface disappears. So running the 
second io-pkt instance cause any problem to the existing io-pkt instance?
If I slay the new io-pkt instance used to load the USB dongle driver, then the default ethernet interface shows up.
Should I specify any option to the io-pkt while loading the USB dongle driver in order to retain the default interface, 
would someone help me on this, appreciate your quick response on this.

Thanks,
GK
Re: running second instance of io-pkt in 6.5.0 gets the default interface down  
Please see the io-pkt docs:

# io-pkt -ptcpip prefix=/alt -d foo
# SOCK=/alt ifconfig

Regards,

-seanb

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Wednesday, September 14, 2011 02:49 AM
To: drivers-networking <post88813@community.qnx.com>
Subject: running second  instance of io-pkt in 6.5.0 gets the default interface down

Hi,

I'm trying to load a USB network dongle on x86 machine running QNX 6.5.0 SDP.
when I try to load the USB dongle driver using the io-pkt, the default  ethernet interface disappears. So running the 
second io-pkt instance cause any problem to the existing io-pkt instance?
If I slay the new io-pkt instance used to load the USB dongle driver, then the default ethernet interface shows up.
Should I specify any option to the io-pkt while loading the USB dongle driver in order to retain the default interface, 
would someone help me on this, appreciate your quick response on this.

Thanks,
GK

Networking Drivers
http://community.qnx.com/sf/go/post88813
Re: running second instance of io-pkt in 6.5.0 gets the default interface down  
Thanks Sean.

rgds,
GK